Available for electronic download, Best Service's Tone2 RayBlaster is a soft-synth for Mac and Windows platforms supporting VSTi and Audio Units formats. This virtual instrument aims to provide its own method of synthesis: entitled Impulse Modelling Synthesis (IMS), this engine foregoes the conventional, subtractive method of using looped waveforms for synthesis, opting instead to utilize continual short bursts of energy that constantly combine to create a nuanced timbre. This synthesizer is suitable for producers, synthesizer enthusiasts, and performing musicians.
Offering manipulation of pitch, time, and timbre in real-time, RayBlaster provides detailed tones of complex character, as well as over 500 presets to get you started. Its arpeggiators can sync to your DAW's BPM, and its filtering system is distinctive as well: instead of offering you a separated filter section, RayBlaster's filters operates by means of impulse presets. You can import filters from the factory bank or create presets of your own. In this way, RayBlaster is capable of both modelling the sounds of existing filters and generating unique timbres based on your own individual predilections.
- Impulse Modelling Synthesis (IMS)
- Low CPU usage
- Distinctive sounds
- Independent control over pitch, timing, and timbre
- Filter import: Mimic filters of other synthesizers or create your own fantasy filters
- Resynthesis allows convenient importing and manipulation of your own sounds
- Over 500 ready-to-use sounds created by professional designers
- Psychoacoustic processing