The Classic Cool-Rig from Cool-Lux is a compact shoulder mount solution designed for large and mid-size cameras. At its core it features the multi-purpose SHIFT Baseplate, and is complete with a hand-finished walnut handgrip.
Cool-Lux SHIFT Baseplate
The Cool-Lux SHIFT Baseplate is a multi-purpose shoulder mount rig designed for large and mid-size cameras. Attach a handgrip, and you have a full solution. Different handgrips (telescoping and walnut) are available from Cool-Lux. But, you can also upgrade it with cheeseplates and counterweights from Cool-Lux, for standard, cine, and ENG applications.
At the press of a button, the SHIFT Baseplate releases a flip-out chest support bar that helps balance the rig. When the bar is released, a soft and durable shoulder pad is also made available. When you fold it back up, it provides 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded tripod mount holes. The resting position of the bar is adjustable to different body types.
The SHIFT Baseplate offers front and rear 15mm rod ports with 1.9" of vertical adjustment on both sets, and it comes with 8" and 4" pairs of carbon fiber 15mm rods. The camera plate is adjustable 4.5" along a dovetail for properly balancing your camera.
- Compact shoulder rig for large and mid-size cameras
- Flip-out chest support bar
- Front and rear rod ports with 1.9" of vertical adjustment
- 8" and 4" carbon fiber 15mm rods
- Soft, durable, silicone foam shoulder pad
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount holes
- 4.5" of sliding dovetail camera plate travel
- Upgradeable with handgrips, cheeseplates, and counterweights from Cool-Lux
Cool-Lux Walnut Grip
The Cool-Lux Walnut Grip is milled from a solid block of walnut wood, sanded smooth and hand-rubbed with an oil finish. It features a single 15mm rod adapter compatible with most camera rigs, and is adjustable along a rosette adapter to the position most comfortable for you.
- Organic natural wood feel
- Elegant ergonomic design
- Milled from solid walnut, hand-sanded and sealed with hand-rubbed tung oil finish
- Rosette connection for dialing in a comfortable wrist position