The QNAP TVS-1282 12-Bay NAS Enclosure lets you build a centralized storage solution that shares files and streams videos to all your connected devices. The TVS-1282 holds larger-capacity 2.5"/3.5" hard drives in eight SATA III bays and supports faster SSDs in four 2.5" SATA III bays. Additionally, it can house up to two M.2 SATA III SSDs, which can be used for caching data. To manage the data and QTS operating system, it is powered by a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5-6500 Quad-Core processor along with 16GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 memory. Moreover, it sports a 250W power supply that keeps all the internal components running.
QTS lets you configure your drives in a RAID array, such as RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, + Hot Spare, and JBOD, and also provides additional storage options that might not be available on other storage units. You can activate the Tiered Storage feature, which continuously optimizes storage efficiency across M.2 SSDs, 2.5" SSDs, and SATA-based hard drives, or create multiple storage pools that utilize different types of storage drives. With Application-based Partitioning, it automatically runs demanding apps on your faster SSDs and stores less-frequently accessed files on larger-capacity hard drives. In addition, the M.2 SSDs can be configured to the boost the performance of the overall file access system.
QNAP has outfitted this enclosure with three HMDI ports and five USB 3.0 ports so you can use it as a standalone system. It delivers 4K visuals utilizing integrated Intel HD Graphics or an optional graphics card installed in one of the three PCIe 3.0 slots. You may also equip the TVS-1282 with PCIe NVMe SSDs, 10GbE/40GbE NICs, and USB 3.1 expansion cards to these slots. For powering your drives and PCIe cards, it comes built with a 250W PSU. To cool your components, three 80mm fans are on board. Moreover, data is quickly delivered to connected systems via four Gigabit Ethernet ports.
QNAP's TVS-1282 12-Bay NAS Enclosure operates using 100-240V at 50-60 Hz and includes four Ethernet cables, a power cord, 2 x M.2 screws, 2 x M.2 bolts, 24 x flathead screws for 2.5" drives, 2 x M.2 SSD heatsinks, and an IR remote control. Protection is provided by a limited two-year warranty.
6th-Generation Intel Processor
- Four 2.5" SSD bays provide flexible configuration in tiered storage and enables cache acceleration
- Tool-less design for easy installation and replacement of drives
- Built-in M.2 SSD slots support SATA M.2 SSDs with 2242, 2260, 2280, and 22110 form factors
- 16GB of DDR4 2133 MHz memory installed (Max: 64GB)
- Supports PCIe Gen.3 and DMI 3.0 for performance and efficient data transmission
- Three PCIe 3.0 expansion slots support 10GbE/ 40GbE adapters, PCIe NVMe SSDs, graphics cards (AMD Radeon R7/ R9), and USB 3.1 expansion cards
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports allow for optimized network traffic distribution for diverse applications
- One HDMI 2.0 port and two HDMI 1.4b ports to support duplicated and extended desktop options
- HDMI 2.0 increases bandwidth up to 18 Gbps and delivers 4K 60 fps videos
- Separately detects the CPU and hard drive temperatures
- Connect speakers or headphones for direct audio output
- Supports direct audio output and provides verbal system warnings
M.2 SATA 6 Gb/s SSD and 2.5" SSD Cache
Network Traffic Distribution
Three HDMI Outputs
QRM+: Centralized Remote Server Management Solution
Storage for Hosting Virtual Machines and Containerized Applications
The TVS-1282 also features Container Station, which integrates LXC and Docker lightweight virtualization technologies. You can operate multiple isolated Linux systems on the TVS-1282 as well as download apps from the built-in Docker Hub Registry.
Storage for Comprehensive Virtualization Applications
Disaster Recovery Solutions
Cross-Device File Synchronization
Comprehensive Surveillance Solution
FTP Server - shares large-size files, coming with user-defined settings including bandwidth limitation, number of connections, and write-only permission
Web Server - allows numerous websites built on the same server. Administrators can manage up to 32 websites on the single one Turbo NAS with reduced IT costs
RADIUS Server - provides centralized authorization management for computers to connect and use a network service
VPN Server - provides an easy way for IT administrators to build up a secure private network and allows the staff to log on from outside the office and access business resources securely such as files and Internet connections
Printer Server - send remote printing requests over the Internet (max. 3 USB printers), and supports IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), Samba, print job management, and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X
Surveillance Station - connect and manage multiple IP cameras remotely including real-time monitoring, video recording, playback, and event notifications