Available for download, Acoustica's Pianissimo is a virtual instrument which emulates the sound of a Steinway Model D. In addition to its 250MB of quadruple-strike samples (important for velocity layering), this sample library provides a built-in reverb for recreating naturalistic ambiance. You can also control the variables that inevitably make a piano sound more real, such as pedal and key-release noise. For a more natural tone when depressing your MIDI-controller's sustain pedal, Pianissimo offers a sympathetic resonance-modeling system which simulates the harmonic build-up of continually sustained notes over time.
This virtual instrument allows you to use up to 256 voices of polyphony, maintaining a low CPU usage all the while. Pianissimo can operate in stand-alone or VSTi formats, and is compatible with Windows computers.
- 250MB of quadruple-strike samples from a Steinway Model D grand piano
- Acoustic modeling technology for expressive, and highly realistic grand piano sound
- Integrated studio reverb for emulation of true acoustic space
- Sample programming for fluid tone without identifiable velocity switching or digital artifacts
- Sympathetic resonance modeling to recreate the sound of a piano with its damper pedal depressed
- Adjustable incidental piano sounds, including mechanical noises from damper pedal and key release
- 256 voices of polyphony
- Low CPU usage
- Suitable for solo piano performance, studio compositions, and live performance
- Adjustable piano lid, velocity curve, tone controls, sympathetic resonance, reverb, and chorus effect
- Stand-alone and VSTi formats
- Stand-alone version features metronome, two-track sequencer, and ability to mix down recordings to WAV, MP3, WMA, and OGG Vorbis audio files