Available for download, this Classik Edition of Miroslav Philharmonik 2 from IK Multimedia is a virtual instrument collection comprising orchestral sounds produced and recorded by Miroslav Vitous, an upright bassist of some renown. Each sound was recorded at CNSO Studios in Prague, and the sum total of this sample library is over 10GB, providing you with 16-bit/44.1 kHz samples. This version gives you 733 individual instruments, offering you a peak into what the full library of Miroslav Philharmonik 2 can offer.
Mirsolav Philharmonik 2 CE allows you to program many different articulations straight from the keyboard, so you can switch on the fly between detache, staccato, legato, and more when playing a viola, for example. Eight macro controls, the nature of which change depending of the instrument loaded, are provided, as are 34 effects from SampleTank 3 and four T-RackS mastering modules, giving you tonal flexibility in the mixing process. Indeed, should you decide to the mix your orchestral sound within this software, you can do so via the multichannel, DAW-link interface, which offers 16 tracks, five insert effects per channel, four stereo effect sends per channel, four stereo effect returns with five insert effects each, and a master channel also with five insert effects.
This software is based on SampleTank 3 technology, and as such, it can be integrated as an instrument collection within SampleTank 3. However, you can use it in stand-alone mode as well, and of course, as a plug-in within many DAWs. The virtual instrument is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, and operates in AU, VST, or AAX formats.
- Over 10GB of 16-bit / 44.1 kHz samples
- Recorded and produced by Miroslav Vitous, an upright bassist of some renown
- Over 700 instruments
- Multiple articulations per instrument with articulation switching
- Included ConvoRoom convolution reverb with 3D GUI
- 34 effects from SampleTank 3
- 4 mastering processors from T-RackS
- DAW-like Mix interface
- Access to the instrument Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant-preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 10 filter types, and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing
- Based on SampleTank 3’s 64-bit engine
- Recorded at CNSO Studios in Prague
- Stand-alone workstation, DAW plug-in, or add-on instrument collection for SampleTank 3
Three Synth Engines
Four Play Modes
- Legato 1
- Legato 2
- Amp Components: Tone Control
- EQ and Dynamics: Black 76, Model 670, White 2A, Vintage EQ-1A, Compressor, Parametric EQ, EQ Comp, Limiter
- Modulation: Chorus C1, Electric Flanger, Rotary Speaker, Uni-V, Small Phazer, Chorus, Phaser, Tremolo, Flanger
- Reverb and Delay: Acoustic Resonance, Tape Echo, Hall Reverb, ConvoRoom, Plate Reverb, Reverb, Ambience, Delay, Spring Reverb
- Filters / Other: Piano Lid, Stereo Imager, LFO Filter, Phonograph, Env Filter, Slicer, Lo-Fi