The PX7 FM Synthesizer from Propellerhead is a rack extension for Reason offering a faithful recreation of the popular DX series keyboards and includes a wealth of new sounds ranging from classic 80's bass and brass to modern textures, leads, and growls.
FM synthesis, or Frequency Modulation synthesis, sounds are generated by layering or modulating frequencies of sine wave oscillators called operators. There are 32 selectable algorithms available for the six on-board operators, each with a dedicated envelope for precise control over modulation. What's more, the interface has been greatly simplified for quick and easy tweaking via macro controls, which offer tons of new tones out of a single patch, without a full understanding of FM synthesis.
The PX7 includes a vast array of patches and Combinators ranging from modern to futuristic. The PX7 is patch-compatible with the classic it's based on, the Yamaha DX7. An online patch converter quickly and easily converts them to PX7 format, giving you access to tens of thousands of presets for all styles of music. The rear of the PX7 includes CV control over operator levels for applying modulation from any device in the Reason Rack.
- Six-operator classic FM synthesis for the Reason rack
- 32 selectable algorithms
- Advanced envelope generator
- Includes tons of classic and vintage presets, ranging from 80’s bass to keys and brass.
- Comes with a set of new, exclusive patches for modern music productions.
- PX7 does not require a full understanding of FM synthesis—the macro controls make tweaking sounds fast, easy, and fun.
- Propellerhead’s online patch converter lets you convert any Yamaha DX7 patch to PX7 format.
- CV control of operator levels lets you apply modulation from any device in the Reason rack.
- Combine two PX7 synths with the Combinator to easily create layered sounds that never was possible with the hardware it’s based on.