Capture images and HD video at depths up to 200' with this Fantasea Line FG9X Underwater Housing and Canon PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera Kit from B&H Photo. Bundling the Fantasea waterproof enclosure with the compatible Canon point-and-shoot in black, this package gets you well on your way to a photo or video adventure beneath the surface. Add a flash or video light and a lighting arm of your choice to complete your setup and embark on your dive.
The housing's dual fiber-optic ports allow for the connection of optional, external strobes via cables. Ergonomic mechanical controls and touchscreen functionality for essential commands/settings on the G9 X's LCD combine to afford access to all camera functions. Built for durability, the housing is made from shock and corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is black on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to let you monitor the O-ring seal and camera controls. A moisture detector/alarm alerts you immediately in the unlikely event of a breach. The enclosure's built-in, flat lens port has a 67mm thread for attaching optional, accessory wide-angle and macro lenses, as well as color-correction filters. A convenient cold shoe mount on top provides a connection point for an optional lighting arm.
Canon's compact, black PowerShot G9 X features a 20.2MP, 1", High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor and DIGIC 6 processor, which combine to form the Canon HS SYSTEM. Together, they deliver clean, clear, detailed still images and Full HD 1080/60p video recording, as well as low-light sensitivity to ISO 12800 and continuous shooting at up to 6 fps. The 3x optical zoom lens offers a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-80mm, covering wide-angle to portrait perspectives. Additionally, Intelligent IS helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shots in difficult lighting conditions. Compose your shots and play them back on the 3.0", 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD monitor. As an added bonus, benefit from built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC capability for wireless image sharing and remote camera control via smartphones and tablets.
Fantasea Line FG9X Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot G9 X or G9 X Mark II
Capture Full HD 1080 video and still images at depths as far down as 200' beneath the surface, thanks to Fantasea Line's FG9X Underwater Housing for the Canon PowerShot G9 X or G9 X Mark II Digital Camera. The enclosure is equipped with dual fiber-optic ports for attaching optional cables, which will allow you to connect external strobes. Ergonomic mechanical controls and touchscreen functionality for essential commands/settings on the G9 X's LCD combine to afford access to all camera functions.
Built for durability, the housing is made from injection-molded polycarbonate that is resistant to both shock and corrosion. It's black on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls. A moisture detector and alarm alerts you immediately in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal.
The housing features a built-in, flat lens port with a 67mm filter thread for attaching optional, accessory wide-angle and macro conversion lenses, as well as color-correction filters. A convenient cold shoe mount on top provides a connection point for an optional lighting arm. As an added bonus, the housing includes a removable flash diffuser and a removable anti-glare LCD hood.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Double main O-ring seal ensures housing is watertight
- Moisture detector with flashing LED light and audible alarm alerts you right away in unlikely event of a breach, so you can hopefully get to surface before camera sustains any damage
- Made from injection-molded polycarbonate that is resistant to both shock and corrosion for durability
- Black on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls
- Removable anti-glare LCD hood improves visibility in bright conditions
- Camera installation is easy and secure
Strobe Connection and Use
- Equipped with dual fiber-optic ports for attaching optional cables, which will allow you to connect external strobes
- At depths greater than about 60', or when diving in dark conditions, an external light source is necessary to provide adequate illumination and restore colors that get absorbed by water and turned into muted blue and green shades
- To preserve natural colors of subjects and environments in images, try to stay within arm's reach of what you're shooting. The further away you go, the more light is absorbed by water--which acts like a big blue/green filter
- Housing includes a removable flash diffuser to be placed over camera's flash when fiber-optic port connection plate is not in place. This will reduce backscatter, glare, and hard shadows
Controls and Handling
- Affords access to all camera functions via mechanical push-buttons, grooved knobs/dials, levers, and camera's touchscreen
- Controls List: Zoom lever, flash push-down lever, mobile connect button, control ring, latch dial/lock, shutter release, mode dial, power on/off, movie recording, quick set menu, menu, info button, touchscreen buttons, flash pop-up knob, and playback button
- Controls clearly labeled for easy identification
- Three threaded holes on bottom for connection to optional tray with handles, which improves balance while offering mounting points for lighting arms that can hold strobes or video lights
- Supplied hand strap provides some added security
- Slightly negative buoyancy in saltwater with camera inside
- Built-in port with flat front element
- 67mm filter thread for attaching optional, accessory wide-angle and macro conversion lenses or color-correction filters
- Wide-angle lenses provide greater angle of coverage to allow you to fit more in frame, while macro lenses magnify your image to enable close-ups with greater clarity and detail
- Both types of conversion lenses get you closer to subjects, reducing amount of water in between you and therefore minimizing distortion
- Optional, external color-correction filters are available for tropical blue and green water to restore hues that get absorbed underwater
- Since color filters reduce amount of light that enters lens, they are most effective in sunny conditions at depths of about 80' or less
- Color filters not recommended for use in conjunction with external lighting, as combination can throw off color accuracy in images
Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II Digital Camera (Black)
A sleek, pocketable, and quite capable camera, the black PowerShot G9 X Mark II from Canon mixes a compact form factor with advanced imaging capabilities. Pairing a 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor with a DIGIC 7 image processor, this combination produces clean, high-resolution image quality well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions, with extended sensitivity to ISO 12800, and also avails quick shooting performance up to 8.2 fps for working with moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera time-lapse movies for producing dynamic moving image content. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a versatile 3x optical zoom lens, which covers a wide-angle to portrait-length 28-84mm equivalent focal length range, and Dynamic IS benefits this reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. The slim camera body also features a 3.0" touchscreen LCD for intuitive control as well as built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth for wirelessly transferring imagery and remotely controlling the camera from a mobile device.
20.1MP 1" CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Processor
3x Optical Zoom Lens and Image Stabilization
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- For live view monitoring and image playback, a 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available and features a touchscreen design for intuitive settings control and menu navigation.
- Compact, pocket-sized form factor is ideal for carrying with you at all times.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly transfer images to a linked mobile device and Bluetooth pairing allows you to easily connect to smartphones or tablets to permit remote control over the camera from your device using the Canon Camera Connect app.
- The included NB-13L rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 235 shots per charge when working with the screen on, or approximately 315 shots per charge in ECO mode.
Other Camera Features
- Time-Lapse Movie functions let you record a series of stills over a set time period, then automatically merge and output the time-lapse as a video for seamless playback.
- In-camera raw conversion lets you apply a range of creative adjustments to your raw files, such as Auto Light Optimizer and Picture Style adjustments, and then export them as edited JPEGs directly from the camera.
- Picture Style effects allow you to creatively refine the look of imagery in-camera while shooting; these modes include Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and three User Defined settings.