The HDMI/VGA Auto-Switcher from Intelix is an under-table mounted switcher designed to be a PC interface for classrooms, boardrooms, and conference centers. It features VGA + Audio to HDMI conversion with VGA scaling up to 1920 x 1200 and an HDMI input. The switcher utilizes HDBaseT technology to extend the digital output up to 230’ away using solid core-shielded Cat5e or greater cable. Though designed to work with the DIGI-HD60C-R Receiver, this transmitter device is compatible with select Intelix HDBaseT receivers. The unit features multiple EDID modes to eliminate user confusion, and incompatible video formats. An HDMI output is available for use to connect to a local display.
The switcher can be powered from the rear panel or by Power over HDBaseT (PoH), including midspan injectors that support Power over Ethernet (PoE) Alternative A. It can also power compatible HDBaseT receivers. Built-in surge protection and diagnostic LEDs ensure hassle-free and robust installations. The switcher also features a customizable power management system, which will put the unit into a low-power state after no video display for 30 minutes or being inactive for 3 hours by default.
The switcher can detect which input has an active video input, and switch to that input. If both inputs are active, the “last in” will be selected. There are additional contact-closure inputs provided on the rear of the unit to allow third-party control. RS232 control of the switcher can be accomplished by connecting to the RS232 port on a compatible receiver or through a direct connection on the RS232 input of the device.
The switcher can be programmed to control the connected display. The display manufacturer’s RS232 commands can be entered into the switcher with the use of Intelix Display Control software. This allows display power and input to be automatically controlled based on video activity, eliminating the need for a third-party control system in many installations.
- HDMI (including audio) and VGA/3.5mm stereo input
- HDMI and HDBaseT output to a distance up to 230’
- Automatically switches input to active video
- VGA scaling up to 1920 x 1200
- RS232, auto, and dry contact closure for control of device
- PoH (Power over HDBaseT) or 24 VDC local power
- Display Control Software function to control TV or projector with RS232 commands which automatically turns display on/off
- Customizable power management system when not in use
- Uses any shielded solid core Cat5e or greater twisted pair cabling
- Extension of HDMI and VGA with stereo audio to one HDMI
- Ideal for boardroom, education, and hospitality applications