The Shure PGXD24/SM58 Digital Wireless Handheld Microphone Vocal Package Kit from B&H includes the elements required to create a portable wireless vocal setup that's ready to to plug into the PA of a small venue such as a performance space, conference room, wedding hall, house of worship, or classroom.
The kit includes a Shure PGXD4 wireless receiver, a PGXD2/SM58 wireless handheld microphone transmitter, a Gator Cases GM-1W wireless mobile pack, an Auray tripod microphone stand with a fixed boom, a premium 6' microphone cable, a foam windscreen, a mic clip, and a carrying pouch.
Shure PGXD24/SM58 Digital Wireless Handheld Microphone System with SM58 Capsule (900 MHz)
The Shure PGXD24/SM58 is a wireless handheld microphone system offering high-quality 24-bit / 48 kHz digital audio in a cost-effective, reliable package that's easy to use. The lightweight tabletop receiver is highly portable, making it an excellent fit for on-the-go presenters, lecturers, performers, and DJs working in small venues—including weddings, houses of worship, classrooms, offices, and conference spaces.
PGX-D Digital systems operate in the 900 MHz band, far away from potential TV and cell phone interference. The receiver offers true digital diversity, using two antennas and two independent receiver circuits to ensure reliable transmission at a maximum line-of-sight range of up to 200'.
Operation is simple. Press the Scan button, and the receiver scans for a clean frequency. Press the Sync button, and the receiver and transmitter lock to the same channel via infrared ports. That's it, you're up and running. If the RF environment changes and interference is heard, simply rescan and resync to operate on a new clean frequency.
This configuration comes with a handheld transmitter featuring an interchangeable SM58 dynamic mic capsule with a cardioid pickup pattern. The transmitter runs for up to 9 hours on two AA batteries. Up to 5 wireless mics can operate simultaneously in the same space.
A Portable System with Easy-to-Use Components
- Lightweight, plastic construction for portability
- Fixed, front-facing antennas
- LEDs indicate audio levels and transmitter battery strength as well as group, channel, and locked/unlocked status
- The back panel houses an XLR mic-level output as well as a 1/4" instrument-level output
- Frequency lockout to prevent accidental changes
Handheld Transmitter with Interchangeable SM58 Capsule
- The SM58 dynamic capsule features a cardioid polar pattern that minimizes background noise and feedback
- The legendary capsule's midrange and bass roll-off deliver that sought-after warm and clear vocal reproduction
- The built-in spherical wind and pop filter reduces plosives for clean and intelligible speech
- The transmitter's interchangeable capsule design allows you to swap out the SM58 for a different mic if required; capsule options include the Beta 58, PG58, and the SM86
- 10 dB of adjustable gain accommodates a wide variety of vocalists, from loud singers to low-volume speakers
- Power switch doubles as mute switch with quick press
- Frequency, power, and mute lockout to prevent accidental interruptions
- LEDs show mute, battery, and lockout status
- Lightweight design with molded ABS housing
Add Functionality to Your System
- The WL185 cardioid lavalier mic is a hands-free mic option that clips to clothing for presenters and performers
- The WL184 supercardioid lavalier mic offers a narrower, feedback-resistant pickup pattern for louder events
- The discrete MX153 sub-miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications
- The PGA31 is a comfortable headset microphone for lectures and presentations
- For fitness instructors, the SM31FH is a condenser mic fitness headset with a lightweight, sweat-resistant construction designed to withstand demanding workouts
- Instrumentalists can attach the WB98H/C flexible gooseneck instrument microphone for brass, woodwind, and percussion applications
- The WA302 guitar cable lets you connect the bodypack transmitter to a guitar or bass
Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (6', Black)
The black Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (6') is designed to be an extremely quiet and flexible cable that is ideal for the most demanding live sound and performance applications. The cable is engineered to be durable and provide protection against EMI, RFI, and static noise. While the cable's color-coding affords the ability to quickly differentiate between multiple connections on stage, it provides a pleasant aesthetic quality at the same time.
Premium Performance 3000 Series cables are made from 24-AWG OFC copper wire that's wrapped with PE insulation and a conductive PVC inner shield. A cotton-yarn inner layer helps reduce electrostatic and microphonic noise. The 95% dual-spiral shielding makes the cable resistant to EMI and RFI noise. The Neutrik XX silver connectors provide a high level of connectivity, and all the solder connections are shrink-wrapped for protection.
Auray WHF-158 Foam Windscreen for 1-5/8" Diameter Microphones (Black)
The black Auray WHF Series Foam Windscreens are designed to reduce unwanted broadband wind noise and vocal pops with minimal high frequency loss.
This WHF-158 Foam Windscreen is designed for use with many common handheld microphones with a 1-5/8" diameter head. The density of the specialty acoustic foam is optimized to help protect the microphone element from air bursts without muffling the sound.
When used on a handheld microphone, this windscreen is effective in minimizing wind noise and plosive sounds. It is most effective in calm to light breeze conditions (0 to 7 mph) and can be used indoors for protection against drafts caused by air-conditioners. Users can generally expect a 4 to 8 dB reduction in wind noise with very slight dampening of high frequencies. For most applications, the very slight high-frequency dampening is a worthwhile exchange for the notable wind noise reduction.
The WHF-158's foam is hypoallergenic and washable and helps prevent moisture and dirt from damaging your microphone. The windscreen is designed to fit microphones from Shure, Electro-Voice, AKG, Audio-Technica, Audix, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Neumann and others.
The WHF-158 Foam Windscreen for 1-5/8" Diameter Microphones is an effective solution for basic wind protection.
Fits these and other similar-sized microphones:
Gator Cases GM-1W Wireless System Bag
The black Gator Cases GM-1W Wireless System Bag is a 600 denier nylon case with interior padding. It is designed to carry and protect an entire single wireless system. The zippered case offers sufficient space for wireless system components, lavalier microphones, cables, and accessories. The foam padded interior protects the gear from shock, while remaining lightweight and rugged. The receiver is functional while still in the bag. Both the front and the back ends unzip for easy access and the bag is carried by a removable, adjustable shoulder strap and padded carrying handles.
- 600 denier nylon
- Foam padded interior
- Zipper closure
- Removable, adjustable shoulder strap
- Padded carrying handles
Auray MS-5230F Tripod Microphone Stand with Fixed Boom
The Auray MS-5230F Tripod Microphone Stand with Fixed Boom features durable, steel construction. The 31.5" boom arm allows you to angle the mic however you need it. An ergonomic twist-action clutch helps adjust the height of the stand, while the reinforced tripod base and nonslip feet keep it firmly and sturdily in place. The Auray MS-5230F mic stand collapses for easy transport.