Engineered for maximum visibility and safety while weighing a mere 2.2 ounces, the Light & Motion VIS 180 Micro LED Bike Tail Light is built with a Cree LED that emits 25 lumens in its one solid-output mode, or a low of 13 lumens and high of 25 in the pulsating mode. A pulse is used, instead of the more common flash, to eliminate the strobe effect that can interfere with a driver's ability to accurately judge distances to riders. Other safety features include a reflector and secondary side LEDs that are designed to provide a 180° light spread for increased visibility to traffic coming out of driveways or side streets, and Paceline mode that disables the primary LED so as not to blind a rider directly behind you, while riding in packs, while keeping the side LEDs lit to maintain side visibility.
The housing is made of a light and durable aluminum alloy, and is designed to be compact and lightweight. Its included post mount uses an adjustable strap to fit most seat posts for a secure fit, and mounts/un-mounts without tools on just about any post. A lithium-ion battery drives the light and recharges via an integrated micro-USB port on the side of the housing, and a series of colored LEDs on the top show the battery and charging status.
- Low: 13 lumen, pulse
- High: 25 lumen, solid
- High: 25 lumen, pulse
- One red primary Cree LED emitter
- Secondary side LEDs provide improved visibility for driveways and side roads
- Reflector designed to provide 180° visibility for improved safety
- Pulse mode provides higher visibility without the hazards that flashing lights can pose
- Paceline mode: Provides side visibility while riding in packs without shining light in the eyes of the person directly behind
- Location: Front/top of housing
- Type: Pushbutton
- Press button to cycle through outputs High pulse, Low pulse, Med solid
- Lightweight and durable aluminum-alloy housing
- Weatherproof for use in inclement weather
- Adjustable pitch angle for optimum visibility
- Includes strap post mount, and can be used rack-mounted with optional adapter
- Compact: 2.25 x 1.5 x 0.8"
- Lightweight: 2.2 ounces
- Runs on one rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Battery status and charging-status indicators
- Integrated micro-USB charging port
- Digitally-regulated output maintains consistent beam intensity throughout battery charge
- Low-battery warning: Between 5-10% available power light drops into Paceline mode to conserve power