The CCSD-CU Control Unit from Bosch is the main component of the CCS 1000 Digital Discussion System. It supplies DC power to all connected discussion devices while monitoring and controlling the discussion system. Touch-button control allows for easy configuration and operation of the unit while intuitive LED indicators clearly display current system settings.
Conveniently positioned ports at the rear of the unit enable peripheral equipment, such as audio devices and HD conference domes, to be connected to the discussion system. Basic and advanced system settings can be easily viewed and changed via the unit's intuitive web browser interface.
Web Browser Control
Open Microphone Control
- Open mode: participants can speak by pressing their microphone buttons. When the maximum number of open microphones is reached, the next participant that presses his microphone button is added to a waiting list. The first participant in the waiting list is allowed to speak when an activated microphone is disabled.
- Override mode: participants can override each other by pressing their microphone buttons. When the maximum number of open microphones is reached, the next participant that presses his microphone button will deactivate the microphone that has been activated for the longest time (the chairperson's microphone is not included in the number of open microphones and, therefore, cannot be overridden by a participant).
- Voice Activation mode: participants can activate their microphones by speaking into them. A microphone can be temporarily muted by pressing and holding down the microphone button.
- Push-to-Talk (PTT) mode: participants can speak by pushing and holding in their microphone buttons. The microphone is deactivated when the microphone button is released. The maximum number of participants that can speak is determined by the number of open microphones.
Interface for Peripheral Equipment
- System cameras: for giving a clear visual overview of the proceedings. A maximum of six Bosch HD Conference Dome cameras can be connected to the system with native support (the camera presets can be configured in the web browser).
- External wired or wireless microphone: to allow a guest speaker or an audience to participate in a discussion.
- Sound reinforcement system: for transmitting the proceedings to an audience in the same room or an adjacent room.
- Audio equipment: for broadcasting music through the loudspeakers of the discussion system.
- External audio processor: for modifying the floor signal distributed to the participant loudspeakers and headphones (i.e. equalizing).
- Telephone coupler: to allow a remote participant to join a discussion via a telephone/video connection.
- External recorder: for recording and playing back discussions.
- Computer (connected via micro USB connector at rear of Control Unit): for transferring recordings (discussions) from the internal memory of the Control Unit.