Avid Pro Tools Studio 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan NEW (Academic Institutions) is for owners of a Perpetual license (Academic Institutions) of Pro Tools Standard 9, 10, 11, 12, 2018, 2019, 2020, or 2021, or Pro Tools Studio that has an expired 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan, and who want to regain access to software updates and the support plan for a period of one year.
This Academic Institutions license is intended to be purchased and deployed by a qualified educational institution in a lab environment (not for individual teachers or students). All licenses are registered to the same My Avid account. There is no limit to how many licenses are in the account.
What's Included and How to Manage Your 1-Year Plan
- Latest version of Pro Tools Studio.
- 1-year access to all available Pro Tools Studio updates. Keep all installed updates after the 12-month period expires.
- 1-year access to Standard support with unlimited online technical support plus billing and account help—response within 24 to 48 hours.
- 1-year access to the Complete Production Bundle (over 115 plug-ins) and HEAT add-on. Once your 1-Year Updates and Support Plan lapses, you no longer have access to the Complete Production Bundle unless you renew or resubscribe. If you do not have a plan anymore, you get to perpetually keep 55 included virtual instruments, effects, and sound-processor plug-ins (HEAT is not included).
- 1-year access to Celemony Melodyne essential.
- Users who wish to retain access to software updates, Standard support, and the Complete Production Bundle after the initial 1-year period need to purchase a 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan RENEWAL before their current updates and support plan expires. The active 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan currently attached to your Perpetual license can be renewed at any time before it expires.
- If your 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan has already expired, you need to purchase a 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan NEW.