Avid Pro Tools Standard Perpetual License (Academic Institutions) takes the already mature and fully featured audio creation software into the realm of the cloud with all of its promises. This perpetual license comes with a 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan that ensures access to the latest enhancements, future software updates, and Standard support, as long as the plan is active.
Users who wish to retain access to software updates and Standard support after the initial 1-year period may renew the update and support plan associated with their Pro Tools Standard Perpetual license (already in their iLok account) by purchasing a 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan Renewal before their current updates and support plan expires.
If you did not renew your Software Updates and Support Plan before it expired and still want access to software updates and Standard support, you must buy a new 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan. Starting a new update and support plan surrenders your existing Pro Tools license and creates a new Pro Tools System ID in your iLok account—which you would then have to move onto your iLok USB or iLok Cloud session.
Here is a quick overview of some noteworthy features of the program. Since the software is based on a 64-bit architecture, the program is able to access as much RAM as is present on the computer, which in turn allows virtual instruments that contain large sample libraries to be fully loaded for instant playback. Additionally, the number of instruments that can be simultaneously available in a session has also increased. Another major feature is an offline bounce function. Preparing intermediary or final mixes is much faster using a simple command. Sound quality is maintained due to time-stamped automation, and multiple files with different file formats can be created simultaneously.
Record input monitoring features ultralow latency even when routing through plug-ins. Those working with audio for picture will appreciate the ability to play Avid DNxHD files and other HD formats directly within the timeline without transcoding. A wide variety of plug-ins are included with the software, as are six virtual instruments. The software not only works with the company's interfaces, but since version 9, with any Core Audio or ASIO compliant interface.
Some of the upcoming enhancements include collaboration in the cloud with other artists and producers, anywhere in the world. A Marketplace where artists can share, license, or sell music and audio projects, and buy virtual instruments, plug-ins, and more. Access to prior work from anywhere using an audio archival service that stores content and tracks it regardless of whether a session is stored locally, or in the cloud. Archive a stereo mix, the full session, individual stems, or even flatten all tracks so that the original plug-ins used to create them aren't required.
The introduction of a universal metadata schema into the software helps manage, track, and document every asset and project created. This metadata enables media creators and distributors to keep track of everyone who creatively contributed to specific content, making it easy to document who did what, manage and control versioning, and provide accurate credit information. Some of these enhancements are implemented, while others and future ones like it will be delivered via the upgrade plan.
- Latest version of Pro Tools Standard software
- 1-year access to all available Pro Tools Standard updates
- 1-year access to Standard support with unlimited online technical support plus billing and account help—response within 24 to 48 hours
- Perpetual access to 1GB of Cloud Collaboration storage, 2GB high-quality loop library, plus over 3GB of bonus samples and sounds for virtual instruments
Compose and Record
- Record audio with up to 32-bit / 192 kHz and experience exceptionally low latency when paired with an Avid audio interface
- Redesigned Avid Audio Engine and 64-bit performance delivers multiple times the processing power of previous versions of Pro Tools on the same hardware configurations
- Loop-recording / track-comping workflows
- Use QuickPunch to quickly replace any questionable section with a better performance
- Easily create parts for practically any musical instrument using virtual instruments, a MIDI keyboard/controller or mouse, and the built-in MIDI editor
- Includes virtual instruments and audio loops
- Compose music using notation tools in the built-in Sibelius Score Editor
- Export sessions as Sibelius (.sib) files for further work in Sibelius
- Exchange sessions with any Pro Tools user or studio, or work on projects created in other audio and video software, including Media Composer, Logic, Cubase, and other third-party apps directly in Pro Tools
- Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch processing
- Fine-tune music and audio with sample-accurate editing tools available in a single window
- Speed up editing and mixing using the Clip Gain Smart Tool
- With the Beat Detective tool, quickly fix timing issues across multiple tracks, change the feel of a beat to get a different groove, or keep the rhythm section in the pocket by extracting the groove from a drumbeat and applying it to the bass part
- Create and cut sound to picture using the built-in Timecode Ruler and video track
- Record and edit voiceovers, Foley, and ADR with frame accuracy
- Share audio mixes with Media Composer editors through AAF
- Play HD video with the Avid Video Engine in a variety of HD video formats (such as QuickTime, XDCAM, and more) and Avid DNxHD sequences directly in the Pro Tools timeline without transcoding
- Monitor the picture playback using optional video interfaces from Avid, AJA, and Blackmagic Design
- Polish mixes with over sixty included effects, sound processing, and utility plug-ins
- Includes reverbs, EQs, and compressors, guitar amp emulators, surround-sound fold-down, channel strip dynamics, and more
- Avid Channel Strip plug-in delivers exact replications of the renowned EQ and compression algorithms of the Avid System 5
- Achieve phase-accurate mixes with Automatic Delay Compensation with four times the samples (16,383) to handle the largest mixes, no matter how many plug-ins used
- Automate the settings of every element in the Pro Tools environment to add life to tracks and achieve the best mix possible
- Speed up mix delivery with faster-than-real-time offline bouncing with time-stamped automation
- Get hands-on Pro Tools control with a choice of optional Avid Pro Mixing control surfaces and consoles, plus third-party boards
- With direct SoundCloud support, share files privately with other collaborators, or share finished projects with the world
- Bounce mixes to an iTunes library to share with others on a network