Though small in stature, the GoPro HERO5 Session action camera more than makes up for it in functionality and features. Retaining the familiar ice cube-sized form factor of the previous-generation HERO Session, the HERO5 Session ups the ante with UHD 4K video at up to 30 fps, 1080p video up to 90 fps, and 10MP photos at bursts up to 30 fps. The camera body itself is waterproof to depths of 33' and is shock-resistant, so even without a protective housing the HERO5 Session can take a licking.
Whether you want to clamp the HERO5 Session to a guitar headstock, boom it out on a selfie stick, or mount it to your surfboard, you will have all of GoPro's separately available three-pronged accessories to help get your shot. The included Standard Frame has an integrated accessory mount for securing accessories. A mounting buckle quick release for the Standard Frame, and two adhesive mounts (one curved and one straight) with quick releases, are included to get you started.
While more functionality has been integrated, the HERO5 Session is still easy to use. The one-button interface featured on the previous generation HERO Session is instantly familiar for accessing menu functions. If the camera is off, pressing the record button will power it on and immediately start recording. Hands-free control is also possible using the built-in Voice Control feature or the free mobile app. Speaking simple voice commands can control various functions inside the camera, including start/stop video recording, photo burst, and more.
- Photos: Up to 10MP, 30 fps burst, time-lapse mode
- Videos: Up to 30 fps in UHD 4K, up to 60 fps in 1440p, up to 90 fps in 1080p
- Waterproof to 33'
- Simple one-button control
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Advanced wind-noise reduction
- Voice control
- Digital video stabilization
- Automatic upload to the cloud
Video Recording Modes
All video recording modes can be as simple or advanced as you want them to be. If you only want to ensure that a shot is captured, auto-exposure is at your disposal. For those who are shooting less off-the-cuff footage and want complete control, manual control of exposure is also available.
The HERO5 Session will always try to record the best audio quality possible. Using internal algorithms, the HERO5 Session can reduce artifacts from wind noise, making audio quality more acceptable, even in extreme circumstances.
Time-Lapse mode: Record clouds floating by, traffic snaking through cityscapes, or stars and constellations tracing their way across the sky with the time-lapse mode. Set your interval from a picture every 1/2 second to every minute for different effects.
GoPro Capture (iOS/Android)
Use your iOS or Android device to live-preview and play back shots, control your GoPro, and share on the fly.
- Live preview makes it easy to frame the perfect shot
- Get full remote control of all camera functions
- Share photos and videos to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more
GoPro Quik (iOS/Android)
Edit videos with just a few taps.
- Analyze your photos and video clips to find great moments
- Adds transitions and effects, and sync everything to the beat of the music
- Customize your story with text, filters, music, and more
GoPro Quik | Desktop (Mac/Windows)
Import and edit your videos with just a few clicks.
- Transform your footage into edited videos synced to music
- Automatically import your photos/videos and share your best shots
- Comes bundled with GoPro Studio for more advanced editing
GoPro Plus (Cloud Subscription)
Access your GoPro footage wherever you are, and create and share your story.
- Auto upload to the cloud
- Access your footage in the cloud, then use Quik to edit on your phone or computer
- Enjoy your photos and videos from your phone or TV using the optional AirPlay and Apple TV
- Unlock an expanded library of soundtracks for your footage