The QXS 5130 Quickpole Light Boompole from Ambient Recording is a balanced boompole designed for engineering and video professionals. Built with five segments, the pole effectively delivers a better collapsed-to-extended ratio, enabling easy transportation while providing long lengths when needed. The mechanical parts are machined out of aircraft aluminum, while the 3/8” thread is made out of solid stainless steel to survive a high number of microphone changes.
The boompole features a straight cable flow-through system with a sideways outlet that prevents cable entanglement. With an effective shielding and polyurethane insulation, this durable cabling provides high endurance while maintaining flexibility, even in temperatures as low as -40°F.
Designed for Flexibility in Work
- Designed for documentary and engineering booming work
- Five-segment build delivers a better collapsed-to-extended ratio, combining easy transport and storage with a long reach
Connector & Materials
- Equipped with a 3-pin mono wiring XLR connector
- All mechanical parts are machined out of aircraft aluminum
- The 3/8” threads are made out of solid stainless steel to survive thousands of microphone changes
- Internal soft felt bushings ensure rattle-free operation and no seizing by dirt, humidity, or cold temperatures
- Custom-made pull-wind carbon fiber tubes with 1mm wall thickness to achieve light weight with high durability properties
- Collars feature a machined knurl that provides firm grip to secure a fast and confident handling of the pole
- The locking system locks fast and easy, providing a strong lock between segments for better slipping and twisting prevention
- Equipped with in-house manufactured, ultra-thin cables optimized for field audio conditions
- Effective shielding and polyurethane insulation provide high endurance
- Cable maintains flexibility in temperatures as low as -40°F