Meade Instruments' provides a complete observational platform with the StarNavigator NG 114mm f/8.8 GoTo Reflector Telescope. Configured with a Newtonian reflector optical path, it features a large parabolic primary mirror that helps to correct chromatic aberration, producing images with accurate colors across the entire field of view. Its long focal length, combined with the large aperture, produces bright and clear images of nearby objects within our solar system, plus bright deep-sky subjects such as galaxies and nebulae.
Driving the dual-axis DC servo motors in the single-arm fork mount is the AudioStar hand controller. This update to their iconic AutoStar enables quick and easy set up and alignment to get you observing faster, while offering guided tours and audio commentary on 500 of its over 30,000 objects in the internal database. Capable of multiple tracking speeds, the mount and controller function together to provide smooth and precise tracking of fast-moving objects like the Moon and slower deep-sky subjects like nebulae.
A full-sized adjustable-height aluminum tripod provides solid support for the mount and OTA while still being lightweight and portable. Two eyepieces are included that provide 38.5x and 111x magnifications, and the 1.25" drawtube will accept any 1.25" eyepieces and accessories that are widely available separately. To help with set-up and alignment, Meade provides a red-dot finder that allows users to simply put the dot on a subject for fast and precise object location.
- 114mm aperture
- f/8.8 focal ratio
- 1000mm focal length
- Newtonian reflector optical configuration
- Parabolic primary mirror helps to reduce chromatic aberration for accurate color rendition
- Multi-coated lenses reduce reflection to boost image brightness and contrast
- Rack-and-pinion focuser with 1.25" drawtube
- 2-line, 18-character/line red LED display with 20-button red backlit user interface
- 30,000+ object data base, flash updateable
- Near and deep-sky objects, stars, constellations, comets, asteroids, Messier and SAO catalogs
- Guided tours based on current location, date, and time
- Astronomer Inside: Audio commentary about 500 objects including the Moon, planets, galaxies, and nebulae; information includes size, distance, temperature, and mythology
Mount and Tripod
- Single fork-arm mount
- Dual-axis DC servo motors provides smooth and accurate variable-rate tracking
- Lightweight and durable aluminum tripod
- Adjustable height with independent locking leg sections
- Accessory tray
- 9mm eyepiece produces 111x
- 26mm eyepiece produces 38.5x
- Combination bubble level and compass aides in setup and alignment