The Parrot Teleprompter V2, an improved follow-up to the original Parrot, is an ultra compact starter prompter for your smartphone. Designed to attach directly to the filter thread of your camera lens, it's compatible with almost all cameras, including DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, and even small camcorders. This newer version features an enhanced design and upgraded material of construction, and includes everything you need to get started right out of the box.
The Parrot V2 measures approximately 4 x 4.5" and weighs only 0.4 lb. It is highly mobile, and thanks to front and back covers that protect from dust and scratches to the glass, it can be carried in pretty much any case or bag as one self-enclosed, portable unit. This newer version has much more efficient slide-and-lock covers instead of the older snap-on type.
The Parrot V2 sets up in just seconds. Using one of nine included filter thread adapters it attaches directly to your camera lens. Just mount your camera on a tripod or stand, screw the thread adapter onto the camera lens, and then attach the Parrot V2 onto the adapter. The Parrot V2 features a slot on the rear that slides right onto the adapter. When this is done, the adapter also blocks out all light in the rear, as it fully covers up the rear. (The slot on the rear of the Parrot is also the same one that the rear cover secures into when packing the Parrot away for storage or transport.)
The filter thread adapters are included in sizes from 49 - 82mm diameter, and between them are compatible with almost every lens out there. Each one has the size and diameter symbol marked on it so you can easily match it up with lenses, as most lenses have the same type of marking on them.
With the Parrot V2 mounted, all that's left is installing your phone. To do this, simply pull down on the bottom section of the Parrot's four-sided frame, and place your phone on it. The bottom section is normally flush with the rest of the frame, but it is spring-loaded and pushes down a bit to make room for your phone. Almost every common smartphone is compatible, as long as the screen is between 3.5 - 5.7" diagonally. Even larger phones will fit, but the mirror measures 5.7" diagonally and will not be able to fully capture larger screens.
The Parrot V2 comes with a free-download iOS and Android prompting app that's easy to use and offers various ways of uploading your scripts, including via Dropbox. Furthermore, the app works with the optional Parrot Wireless Remote, allowing for even easier single-user operation. Depending on the font size you select in the app, the Parrot glass generally offers a 3-12 ft reading range.
The Parrot V2 is made of lightweight but durable ABS polycarbonate that doesn't scratch very easily, and includes a quality 70/30 glass mirror. The mirror is held by mechanical clips instead of integrated as in the previous version, so it can be replaced if need be.
Whether for YouTube videos or other productions, the Parrot Teleprompter V2 is designed to help you achieve proper eye contact when speaking in front of a camera, without errors in delivery, and preferably with just one take, all in a highly portable system.
- Super compact prompter designed to work with your phone and almost any camera
- Sets up in seconds and packs away as a single, self-enclosed portable unit
- Attaches directly to your lens filter thread via included filter thread adapters
- Includes a quality 70/30 glass mirror
- Features a push-down section on the bottom that supports your phone
- Includes a free-download iOS and Android Parrot prompting app
- The included app works with the optional Parrot Wireless Remote
- 3-12 ft reading range
- Includes front and rear covers for dust-prevention and mirror protection during storage
- Made of durable ABS polycarbonate, measures approx. 4 x 4.5", and weighs only 0.4 lb
- Includes nine filter thread adapters (49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, and 82mm diameter)
- Replaceable glass, held by mechanical clips instead of integrated as in the previous version
- Wider by about 0.5", allowing for better capture of wide angle shots
- Slide-and-lock front cover, adapters, and rear cover instead of the snap-on type
- Improved ABS polycarbonate plastics offer more durability and better scratch resistance
- Phone tray is outfitted with a rubberized grip instead of microsuction mechanism