The Mix Factory from A-Designs is a 2 RU, 16-channel, solid-state summing mixer designed to impart analog tone when combining signals sent from a DAW, making it ideal for mix engineers who want to use a "hybrid" (digital and analog) mixing workflow.
Each of the Mix Factory's 16 channels offers controls for gain, pan, and mute. Each channel's mute switch has an audio-sensitive LED that glows green when signal is present. The 16 channels are summed to two stereo groups (1-8 Sum and 9-16 Sum), then sent to the main stereo bus. Gain controls are provided for each stereo group and the master stereo bus. 10-segment LED meters for the stereo bus allow you to keep track of your output levels.
The Mix Factory features custom-made Cinemag output transformers that can be switched in or out of the mix bus. This provides a significant tonal change at the push of a button. Integration of outboard compressors and equalizers is simple, due to the XLR insert points for the two groups and main stereo mix. Insert switches are provided for easy A/B comparison.
There are 16 balanced analog line inputs via two DB-25 connectors. All outputs are balanced, analog line level on XLR jacks. Main outputs are available pre- and post-master gain. Connect the pre-master outputs to your monitoring system. Record the post-master outputs to print the mix.
The Mix Factory offers a stereo external input for linking multiple summing mixers. The included external power supply is switchable, enabling use around the world.
- Solid-state design with selectable custom-made Cinemag output transformers
- 16 inputs via two DB-25 connectors
- All outputs are balanced, analog line level on XLR connectors
- Two stereo groups (1-8 Sum and 9-16 Sum) and main stereo mix output
- Insert points are available for the two stereo groups and the main stereo mix
- Pre-master stereo outputs for monitoring purposes
- Post-master stereo outputs for recording purposes
- Custom-made Cinemag output transformers are selectable via a front-panel switch
- Each channel offers gain, pan, and mute controls
- Each channel’s mute switch features an audio-sensitive LED that glows green when signal is present
- 10-segment LED meters for the stereo output
- Gain controls for groups (1-8 Sum and 9-16 Sum) and main stereo output
- 2 RU
- External input for linking multiple summing mixers
- Switchable external power supply can be used internationally