This ARRI Anamorphic 19-36mm T4.2 Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens is an extremely wide anamorphic zoom lens for use with Super 35mm sensors. The focus scales are marked in feet, and it features a PL mount which is sturdy and stable, and is the standard for cine lenses. The PL mount incorporates ARRI LDS (Lens Data System) contacts that enables the lens to pass metadata information to LDS compatible cameras.
The look of the image produced by the 19 to 36mm complements the Master Anamorphics, essentially extending the focal length range. Although the lens creates an anamorphic effect, straight lines are left relatively distortion free. The lens features a telecentric design, which provides extremely even illumination over the entire sensor. In addition to the telecentric design, the lens exhibits minimal breathing when pulling focus, and you can focus down to right in front of the front element.
- Very low distortion, even at 19mm
- Exceptional corner-to-corner image performance
- Virtually no image breathing
- Uniform field illumination
- Extreme close focus up to the front lens element
- Fixed entrance pupil position over the entire zoom range
- LDS lens metadata for on-set tasks and VFX in post
- Complements the Master Anamorphic lenses
- Unique anamorphic flares