Designed for birders and nature enthusiasts, the 10x42 Victory SF T* Binoculars from ZEISS provide an immersive observational experience by combining exceptional optics, a powerful magnification, and a wide field of view in a lightweight and durable housing. Extra-low dispersion fluoride lenses, fully multi-coated optics, and phase-corrected prisms work together to create images that are clear and bright without distortion across the entire field of view, while colors are accurately represented with high contrast and resolution. The binoculars' 10x magnification and wide 65° apparent angle of view provide expansive views, while the exceptionally short 5' close-focus distance enables you to make detailed observations of insects and small birds on flowers or feeders.
The optical precision starts with SCHOTT Ultra-FL extra-low dispersion (ED) fluoride (FL) lenses that virtually eliminate distortion and chromatic aberration while increasing contrast and color fidelity. The Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms are coated with ZEISS' P* phase-correcting coatings to limit light loss and increase color fidelity and contrast. All of the optics are fully multi-coated with ZEISS' anti-reflection T* coatings. These greatly reduce light loss and maximize light transmission to create bright and clear images. A seven-lens eyepiece system uses high-transmission glass and field flatteners to correct for spherical aberrations to allow for pinpoint focusing across the entire field of view.
This SF version of the Victory binoculars feature the Smart Focus system. Unlike conventional focusing wheels that require users to turn the knobs as many as 2.5 times to transition from the minimum to the maximum focus distance, the SF system only requires 1.8 turns. This means faster and easier changes of your subjects without sacrificing focus precision. The binoculars are designed with ergonomic balance to reduce the feel of the weight in the hand, which reduces user fatigue for comfortable viewing during long observation sessions.
The housing is made from a lightweight, durable, and strong magnesium alloy. A double-hinged, open-bridge design provides a larger surface area for gripping while reducing the overall weight even more. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for water and fogproof performance, giving them a waterproof rating to 400 mbar of pressure.
- 10x magnification
- 42mm objective lens
- Schmidt-Pechan roof prism design
- SCHOTT Ultra-FL extra-low dispersion (ED) fluoride (FL) lenses virtually eliminate distortion and chromatic aberration while increasing contrast and color fidelity
- ZEISS' proprietary anti-reflection T* lens coating increases light transmission for brighter images
- 360' field of view at 1000 yd
- 65° apparent viewing angle
- 5' close-focus distance
Use and Handling
- Large center focusing knob
- Open-bridge design reduces weight without sacrificing strength
- ±4 right eye diopter adjustment
- 54-76mm adjustable interpupillary distance range
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Twist-up eyecups with four click-stop positions
- Exceptional 18mm long eye relief
- Comfortable 4.2mm exit pupil
- Lightweight and durable magnesium-alloy housing
- Nitrogen filled for water and fogproof performance
- Waterproof to 400mbar of pressure
- Slip-resistant rubber-armored exterior
- LotuTec lens coatings protect the objective and ocular lenses from dirt and dust, resist scratches, and bead off water and oils
- Balanced weight distribution reduces fatigue for long observation sessions
- Wide operating temperature range: -22 to 145°F (-30 to 63°C)
- Weight: 27.5 ounces