The ALEXA SXT Studio Basic Camera Set (LDS PL) from ARRI includes the SXT Studio camera body with an LDS PL lens mount, SXR and XR recording media adapters, and the OVF-1 optical viewfinder with a mounting bracket and 8x magnifying eyepiece. The ALEXA SXT Studio digital cine camera records in UHD 4K, Cine 4K, 2K, and HD with 16-bit processing for sharp, natural-looking images. Use this basic set to start building your ALEXA SXT Studio camera rig.
ARRI Alexa SXT Studio Camera Body (LDS PL)
Enjoy truly cinematic capture using the rotating mirror shutter, and optical viewfinder (available separately) of the ARRI ALEXA SXT Studio Camera Body (LDS PL). This digital cinema camera features also features the built-in, wireless camera and lens control, tilt and roll sensors, fourth monitor-out port, and third RS/accessory connector of the ALEXA SXT Plus. Record in UHD 4K, Cine 4K, 2K, or HD with 16-bit processing for sharp, natural-looking images. The ALEXA SXT Studio provides an array of recording format choices in ARRIRAW and ProRes including 6:5 and 8:9 anamorphic modes (with SUP 3.0). With a base sensitivity of EI 800, and a dynamic range of 14 plus stops, your footage is effectively future-proofed for compatibility with HDR displays. The ALEXA SXT Studio's Wide Color Gamut exceeds current display standards, and is compatible with the Rec 2020 color space. Full-image frame rates of up to 120 fps enable capture for higher-clarity HFR (High Frame Rate) projects.
With a range from 11.2 to 180°, the ALEXA SXT Studio's rotating mirror shutter can be adjusted (along with your frame rate) to create staccato-sharp, or smoothly blurred effects. When used at its standard 180° opening, this shutter produces natural-looking movement without the artifacts sometimes found with electronic rolling shutters.
The separately available OVF-1 optical viewfinder provides comfortable, real-time, delay-free, through-the-lens viewing. The lack of motion blur enables accurate focus judging, and the image is viewable even when the camera is powered down, adding convenience during pre-lights, blocking, and rehearsals. The separately available EVF-1 electronic viewfinder can also be used with the ALEXA SXT Studio (requires an EVA-1 adapter).
The SXT Studio saves time on set, and weight on your rig by enabling you to plug lens motors directly into the camera, no motor control box is needed. The SXT Studio is compatible with ARRI controllers like the WCU-4, as well as with the cmotion hand units. The built-in tilt and roll sensors are viewed as an electronic horizon in the EVF by the operator, and the information is stored in your recording metadata for VFX and shot-matching uses. The ALEXA SXT Studio's improved image-processing system includes the ability to "bake-in" 3D LUTs at capture, a mild noise reduction feature (ANR), and a pixel correction function. ARRIRAW recording is optimized for VFX and archival capture, with uncompressed data available for sculpting with today and tomorrow's latest post-production processing. The look management architecture has been updated with the new ARRI Color Tool (ACT) and ARRI Look File (ALF-2), offering the ability to maintain your look from prep to post with on-set grading. Look files are stored in your recordings' metadata, enabling the automatic application of your on-set look to dailies, proxies, and editing files using popular NLE systems.
User-friendly features include the ability to apply customized settings to each of the ALEXA SXT Studio's outputs (EVF and four monitor outs), enabling the director, DP, DIT, or A.C. to see just the on-screen information they need, in SDR or HDR, in the color space of their choice. Standard and high-speed recording rates are now accessible in the same mode, eliminating the need to switch to a high-speed mode.
The modular ALEXA SXT family includes the flexibility of recording to the current or future media of your choice for each of your projects. Capture options include XR, and SXR capture drives with write speeds of up to 20 Gb/s, SxS PRO and SxS PRO+ cards, and CFast 2.0 cards. Faster in-camera processing speeds, and capture to SXR drives boost the ALEXA SXT Studio's maximum frame rates. RAID 1 (mirroring) capture provides additional data security for ALEXA SXT ProRes files.
The ARRI LDS (lens data system), a motorized, internal 1.3 ND filter, shoulder mount, and 15mm LWS rod support are built into the ALEXA SXT Studio. A 5-pin XLR connector supports 2-channel, 24-bit, 48 kHz audio. Choose from separately available Gold or V-mount battery plates, or an AC power supply to power the camera.
Excellent Image Quality & High Dynamic Range
- The ALEXA SXT family combines the powerful image processing of the ALEXA 65 with the familiar design of the original ALEXA user interface, producing sharp, natural-looking footage.
- A base sensitivity of EI 800 with a dynamic range of 14 plus stops effectively future-proofs your output for compatibility with HDR displays.
- The ALEXA SXT records in a WCG (Wide Color Gamut) exceeding current displays, and compatible with the Rec 2020 color space.
- Record up to 120 fps for compatibility with HFR (High Frame Rate) display outputs.
SXT Studio Features
- A rotating, adjustable mirrored shutter gives motion a film-like look without the artifacts of a rolling shutter
- The separately available optical viewfinder provides real-time, power-free viewing with natural motion
- Wireless or wired remote lens and camera control
- Plug-and-play with ARRI Electronic Control System (ECS)
- Compatible with cmotion cvolution lens control systems
- Integrated tilt and roll sensors with an EVF-viewable horizon, and stored position metadata
- Additional (fourth) monitor output (1.5G HD-SDI), and third RS accessory port
Wide Array of Recording Formats
- Choose from 14 in-camera recording formats, all of which are available in both full-fledged ARRIRAW, and smaller file ProRes options.
- Format options include 16:9 ProRes UHD 4K, Open Gate ProRes 4K Cine, economical 6:5 ProRes 2K Anamorphic and 6:5 ProRes 4K Cine Anamorphic, the VFX-friendly 4:3 ProRes 2.8K, the high-res Open Gate ProRes 3.4K, and the versatile 16:9 ARRIRAW 3.2K.
- The ALEXA's tall sensor is sized almost exactly the same as 35mm film, enabling anamorphic lenses to maintain their native fields of view.
- The ALEXA SXT Studio's efficient 6:5 sensor mode is equivalent to 1.194:1 image area, the same as half of the classic 2.39:1 CinemaScope aspect ratio. Use this mode to capture only the image area needed for a 2.39 output, with higher frame rates, higher ProRes resolutions, and fewer steps in post than the earlier 4:3 mode.
- ALF-2 files are stored in your recording's metadata, enabling your dailies and proxy editing files to display the same look as your master files. Supported systems include DaVinci Resolve, Colorfront OSD, Codex Production Suite, Pomfort Silverstack, and Filmlight Daylight.
Consistent Look Management
- A new ARRI Color Tool (ACT) and ARRI Look File (ALF-2) enable you to create new looks in-camera. For easy multicamera coordination, these looks are compatible with ALEXA Mini and AMIRA cameras.
- Lock in your look on set with the ALEXA SXT's live, on-set grading in Rec 709 or Rec 2020. Compatible third-party systems include Pomfort LiveGrade, Codex Live, Colorfront On-Set Live, Filmlight Prelight, Technicolor DP Lights, and more.
- The same look management can be automatically applied when using NLE systems such as Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Use with the adapter of your choice to record to SxS PRO or SxS PRO+ cards, CFast 2.0 cards, XR or SXR capture drives
- Multiple control options including Ethernet-based browser control, and compatibility with the optional RCU-4 and WCU-4 control units
- PL lens mount with LDS (lens data system)
- A built-in motorized 1.3 ND filter reduces light hitting the sensor, but not light passing through the optical viewfinder
- Use with separately available Gold or V-mount battery plates
- Integrated shoulder arch, and 15mm LWS rod support
ARRI OVF-1 Optical Universal Viewfinder
The ARRI OVF-1 Optical Universal Viewfinder provides real-time, through-the-lens viewing with the ARRI ALEXA Studio camera models. This optical finder provides a high-contrast, bright image, with automatic and manual image rotation. To accommodate unusual camera positions, or tight quarters, the OVF-1 assembly can telescope away from the camera body, and may also be rotated from the left (operator) side of the camera to the right. For added convenience during pre-lights, rehearsals, and lens selection, you can view your frame through the OVF-1 even when the ALEXA Studio is powered down.
An RGB frame glow enables you to easily view your frameline in lower-light settings, and a flip-in 0.6 ND filter helps you to quickly judge contrast ratios. A 2x de-squeeze function is integrated into the OVF-1, with 1.3x de-squeeze optics available separately. The OVF-1 is compatible with 8x and 10x ARRI 435 eyepieces, with 435 extension eyepieces, and with ARRIFLEX and ARRICAM heated eyecups.
- Compatible with ARRI ALEXA Studio, Studio XT, and SXT Studio cameras
- Through-the-lens viewing with zero delay, accurate colors, and minimal distortion
- View your frame even when the camera is powered down during pre-lights, rehearsals, etc.
- Integrated 2x anamorphic de-squeeze, with 1.3x de-squeeze optics available separately
- Telescopic extension, and left/right side positioning for more ergonomic viewing
- An RGB frame glow delineates your frameline in lower light settings
- Compatible with 8x and 10x ARRI 435 eyepieces, 435 extension eyepieces, and ARRIFLEX/ARRICAM heated eyecups
ARRI 435 8x Eyepiece
The robust ARRI 435 8x Eyepiece magnifies the image seen through the OVF-1 optical viewfinder. This wide-angle eyepiece rotates to adjust to the user's vision, and a numbered scale enables you to mark settings for different users.
The included rubber eyecup cushions your eye and helps block external light when using the eyepiece. The 435 8x Eyepiece is compatible with the OVF-1 viewfinder and the ALEXA Studio, ARRIFLEX 435, and 535B cameras.
ALEXA Studio, XT Studio, SXT Studio
ARRIFLEX 435 (all models)
ARRI Codex SXR Capture Drive Adapter
Use the Codex SXR Capture Drive Adapter from ARRI to mount an SXR drive on an ALEXA SXT or ALEXA LF camera. Compatible ALEXA SXT models include the ALEXA SXT EV, SXT Plus, SXT Studio, and SXT W.
ALEXA SXT EV
ALEXA SXT Plus
ALEXA SXT Studio
ALEXA SXT W
Codex Product Code
ARRI XR Adapter for ALEXA SXT Cameras
The ARRI XR Adapter is used to mount an XR capture drive on an ALEXA SXT camera, such as the ALEXA SXT EV, SXT Plus, SXT Studio, and SXT W.
ALEXA SXT Plus
ALEXA SXT Studio
ALEXA SXT W
Codex Product Code
ARRI CCH-1 Center Camera Handle for Select ALEXA Cameras
The ARRI CCH-1 Center Camera Handle is a sturdy carrying handle featuring multiple 3/8"-16 threaded holes for attaching accessories. Designed for use with select ALEXA cameras (listed below), it attaches to the top of the camera via three screws.
Compatible ARRI Cameras
ALEXA M body
ALEXA XT, ALEXA XT M body, ALEXA XT Plus, ALEXA XT Studio
ALEXA SXT EV, ALEXA SXT Plus, ALEXA SXT Studio
ARRI SD Memory Card for ALEXA Cameras
This 16GB SD Memory Card for ALEXA Cameras from ARRI can be used for saving or loading a variety of camera functions. Use it for LUTs, user preference settings, framelines, frame grabs, license keys, and lens tables for the LDS archive. It may also be employed when installing SUPs (software update packets).