A great choice for maximizing the use of your on-camera flash, the 24 x 35" Easy-Up HD Umbrella Softbox with Grid and Varos Pro S Combo Kit from Phottix contains a time-saving softbox that sets up and breaks down like an umbrella and a fabric grid that narrows and controls the softbox's output. The included tilting Varos Pro S Multi-Function Flash Shoe/Umbrella Holder supports up to 44 lb and comes with a removable shoe for your flash. The holder has a receptacle for small to large umbrellas and fits on a standard 5/8" light stand stud.
Phottix Easy Up HD Umbrella Softbox with Grid (24 x 35")
With a design that allows it to fold up like an umbrella, the Easy Up HD Umbrella Softbox with Grid from Phottix is a 24 x 35" light shaper that's a perfect go-to modifier for everything from products to portraits. The softbox has a silver interior for maximum output and a removable front diffuser that covers its unique design - instead of being aimed forward from the back of the softbox, the flash head is placed inside the softbox and directed into the back of it. The result is an especially soft light quality without the hot spot which is common with traditional light modifiers.
A fabric grid that folds down to a fraction of its open size is also included. It mounts to the recessed lip of the softbox and tunnels the light forward offering directional control while maintaining softness and controlling spill light.
Phottix Varos Pro S Multi-Function Flash Shoe Umbrella Holder
The Varos Pro S Multi-Function Flash Shoe Umbrella Holder from Phottix is 300% stronger than previous versions and features an aluminum alloy body with a metal cold shoe as well as a 3/8" and 1/4" female threaded insert and a male insert with 3/8" and 1/4" screws. The holder's teardrop-shaped umbrella mount accepts shafts from 7 to 10 mm in diameter and is slanted 8 degrees to allow more light to hit the center of the umbrella. Its patented 180-degree tilting mechanism will support up to 55 lb (25 kg). The Varos Pro S has a hanging hole with a clip for use with a counterweight or other accessory.
- Aluminum alloy body with a metal cold shoe
- 3/8" and 1/4" female threaded insert and 3/8" and 1/4" male screws insert
- Teardrop-shaped umbrella mount which accepts umbrella's with 7-10 mm shafts
- 8-degree slanted umbrella mount that allows more light to hit the center of the umbrella.
- Redesigned patented locking mechanism to hold the top screw and bottom 3/8" and 1/4" female threaded insert securely with 300% more locking force, while keeping the umbrella shaft more secure and damage free
- Patented 180-degree tilting mechanism that will support up to 55 lb (25 kg)
- Locking features to hold bottom lugs secure until locking button is released
- Hanging hole with clip for use with a counterweight or other accessory