With a crenellated strike bezel and immediate access to a blinding strobe setting, the black Nitecore P05 flashlight is more than just a light - it can also be used for self-defense. The patented Strobe Ready switch on the tailcap turns on a rapid flash that can disorient an attacker.
The P05 offers three brightness settings from 60 to 460 lumens and a maximum runtime of 4 hours 15 minutes. It can use rechargeable RCR123 or non-rechargeable CR123 batteries. Its anodized aluminum housing is waterproof to 6.6 feet and can withstand being dropped from a height of 5 feet. The bezel ring's ridges allow the light to be used as a weapon in close-quarters combat or as an emergency window-breaker.
The tailcap on/off switch also serves as a battery power indicator. After installing batteries (or after loosening the tailcap slightly to check currently installed batteries), the switch will blink three times, if the battery has more than half its power, twice if the battery is below 50 percent, and once if it is below 10 percent.
- Low: 60 lumen
- Med: 170 lumen
- High: 460/420 lumen (RCR123/CR123 battery)
- Cree XM-L2 (U2) LED emitter
- Smooth aluminum reflector produces smooth beam without holes or hotspots
- Strobe causes temporary blindness and disorientation
- Type: Dual pushbutton
- Location: Tailcap
- Press on/off switch for momentary activation, click for constant-on
- Strobe Ready mode switch activates debilitating flash
- With light clicked on, use mode switch to cycle through output levels
- Aluminum alloy housing
- Type III hard anodized finish
- IPX8-rated, submersible to 6.6'
- Corrosion and scratch resistant
- Anti-reflective coated lens
- Knurled grip for sure handling
- Titanium-plated stainless steel clip
- Can run on 1 x RCR123 li-ion rechargeable or 1 x CR123 disposable battery
- Multi-function battery indicator integrated into selector switch