Capture photos and video as far as 200' beneath the surface with your Olympus Tough TG-3 or TG-4 digital camera in this updated version of the dedicated Ikelite Underwater Housing. The large, ergonomic mechanical controls provide access to all camera functions except for the INFO button. This version adds an ergonomic, side-mounted shutter lever and offers improved zoom control. A 1/4"-20 mount has also been added on the bottom for connection to a tray. Additionally, the body is now made of a white ABS/polycarbonate blend, which is still corrosion-resistant but also reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above the water's surface. Some of the controls are crafted from hard anodized aluminum for superior durability, as well.
The housing is equipped with two ports for fiber-optic cables, which will allow for connecting optional, external strobes for increased illumination and color accuracy. The camera's built-in flash can't be used for illuminating subjects, but will trigger the strobes via the fiber-optic cables.
An integrated flat glass lens port with a 3.0" diameter accepts optional, external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses to enhance your view. You can also add optional color-correction filters to restore hues that get absorbed by the water.
- Features a depth rating of 200'.
- Simply close the side latch and see the O-ring form a solid black watertight seal.
Controls and Handling
- Large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, a knurled knob, and a dial, enable smooth operation.
- Access provided to all camera functions except for INFO button.
- Ergonomic, side-mounted shutter lever has been added.
- Improves upon previous version of housing with better zoom control.
- Attaching an optional single or dual-handle tray will afford improved handling and balance, while offering connection points for lighting arms.
- Designed, made by hand, and tested in the USA.
- Manufactured from durable, corrosion-resistant, white ABS/polycarbonate blend.
- Reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above water's surface.
- Controls made of hard anodized aluminum and acetyl resin for corrosion resistance.
- Drop-in camera loading makes for quick and easy setup.
- Standard 1/4"-20 mount added on bottom for connection to optional tray.
- Integrated flat glass lens port has a 3.0" diameter.
- Accepts optional, external, 67mm threaded wide-angle and macro add-on lenses, for increased field of view or better clarity and detail in close-ups, respectively.
- Both types of lenses will enable you to get closer to your subjects, cutting down on the amount of water between you and them to reduce distortion.
- Moderate vignetting will be present when using certain external wide-angle lenses, such as Ikelite W-30 and INON UWL-H100, but can be eliminated by using smaller aperture or zooming in slightly.
- Recommended WD-3 Wide Angle Dome results in no vignetting.
- Add optional, press-on color-correction filters with 3.0" diameters directly to lens port, in order to restore colors that get absorbed by water. Most wide-angle conversion lenses require 3.6" filters.
- The #6441.41 filter is designed for blue water use, while the #6441.81 is for green water.
External Strobe Connection
- Equipped with two ports for the connection of Ikelite, Sea & Sea, INON, Olympus, and Nauticam fiber-optic cables, which enable external flash connection.
- Strobes will be triggered by firing of camera's built-in flash.
- Housing does not permit use of camera's built-in flash for illumination--but external flash is much better option. It has greater effective range and brightness, while also producing better color accuracy and virtually eliminating backscatter, glare, and hard shadows.
- Ikelite DS strobes may be connected using optional Fiber Optic Converter #4401.1 and Fiber Optic Cord #4501.