The Roadpro Series HC82W from TAMA is a road-worthy, straight cymbal stand designed to provide secure and durable support for all types of cymbals, including larger and heavier ride cymbals.
The HC82W features a Quick-Set Tilter which can be adjusted to any desired angle and a Quick-Set Cymbal Mate which makes attaching and detaching cymbals fast and easy. The tripod base with double-braced legs give this stand extra stability for hard-hitting drummers, or when playing outdoors in windy conditions.
- Tripod base with double-braced legs provides increased stability – ideal for placing cymbals high and/or at an odd angle
- Quick-Set Tilter holds its position using the friction of six smooth metal disc plates instead of traditional toothed gears, so you can adjust it to any desired angle
- Mechanism has a more durable structure than a conventional gear tilter
- By simply gripping and pressing the two buttons on the both sides, users can attach and remove the Cymbal Mate with just one touch, making cymbal setup/breakdown a snap
- Fine adjustments to the cymbal's swinging motion can be made by rotating the unit
- Cymbal bottom protects the cymbal's center hole from the tilter's shaft and threads
- If part of the nylon sleeve wears out, you can continue to use the cymbal bottom by turning it upside down
- Nylon washers are inserted into the leg stand joints to improve durability and make the leg action smoother
- Glide-Tite Grip Joint allows for a more secure attachment by using a metal-to-metal contact point which provides a solid anchor and complete isolation for a tom or cymbal
- Because the stand does not move with the cymbal, the natural resonance of that instrument is maximized
- Placing a threaded, steel insert nut inside the tripod base provides more strength and makes stripping much less likely than with the traditional method of cutting the threads directly into the die-cast section