AfterShot 3 from Corel is an intuitive and efficient raw file editing program that affords a wealth of control over image adjustments and file management. Basic image adjustment controls are accented by enhanced Highlight Recovery, which helps to gain greater details in the bright portions of an image. For personalized control, a unique Lens Correction Development Kit has been added to this version, which allows you to create your own custom lens profiles to correct aberrations, vignetting, and distortion when working with rare or obscure lenses. An Image Preset Library is also accessible for acquiring a range of customized presets to help expedite your editing process.
Beyond image adjustments, AfterShot 3 is also characterized by its file handling and organizational tools, such as the ability to manage large photo libraries by labeling, tagging, and rating files. A built-in search engine helps locate specific files using user-developed criteria as well as camera-written metadata. Compatible with a wide variety of camera types and raw file formats, this software is designed to support 64-bit processing on Linux, Mac, and Windows operating speeds for enhanced file handling stability and fast editing performance to suit batch workflows and high-resolution files.
Powerful and Efficient Image Adjustments
- Enhanced Highlight Recovery utilizes a dedicated algorithm to garner greater detail out of overexposed highlights in raw files.
- A Blemish Remover function permits working with various sized tools to quickly remove unwanted blemishes, spots, dust, or other marks on an image.
- An Image Preset Library facilitates faster access to oft-used presents to help automate certain repetitive parts of the editing process. Within this library, you can browse various presets, preview them, and download both free and paid-for presets.
- A unique Lens Correction Development Kit can be used to create and share your own custom lens correction profiles. These profiles are ideal for rare, unique, vintage, or other less-common lenses.
- Lens correction processes allow you to easily compensate for optical anomalies within imagery. Geometric correction automatically corrects for recognized distortions for specific lenses, Vignette Removal helps to remove darkness in the corners of photographs, and Chromatic Aberration helps to fix uneven colors within finer image details.
- Simplified access to the plug-in library is available for downloading or sharing custom plug-ins to help with the editing process. Plug-ins can be created using Corel's own API and SDK.
- In addition to the variety of supported raw file types, a dynamic camera profile updater automatically notifies you when new camera profiles are available for download directly from Corel. A feedback function can also be used to request profiles for specific cameras or send in ideas for new features.
- Basic image adjustments are possible in order to control color, contrast, and brightness of imagery.
Personalized Photo Workflow
- Your workspace can be customized to suit specific tasks or your preferences in general. Thumbnail, Preview, Browse, and Tools panels can be hidden or displayed, and Slideshow, Full Screen, and Multi Image views can be used.
- For managing an entire library of photos, powerful management tools enable you to organize imagery, utilize different search tools, and apply star ratings to images.
- A rich search engine with dedicated metadata tools allows you to apply your own searchable keywords, ratings, tags, and labels to photos for quick access. Additionally, searching results are also available for camera-written data, such as camera type, settings, and date.
- With seamless integration with Corel's PaintShop Pro and other image editing programs, images can be sent directly from AfterShot 3 to other applications for further editing needs.
- Automatically create web galleries of selected photographs using a variety of pre-made templates for showcasing your work online.
- Up to two images can be viewed at once in Multi-Image mode.
- For processing large quantities of RAW files, batch commands can be used, along with preset or custom settings, to quickly convert and export RAW files for a variety of purposes, including printing, web sharing, or archiving.
- Refined with support for 64-bit operating systems, AfterShot 3 functions as a highly efficient post-production tool that is both stable and responsive for processing imagery and applying effects. Additionally, this support for faster operating systems also permits working with larger photographs, including images up to 250MP in resolution and TIFFS well in excess of 30MB in size.
- Support for OpenCL works in conjunction with graphics card processing speeds to enhance the overall working efficiency of the program.
- EOS: 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 1D, 1D Mark II, 1D Mark II N, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1Ds, 1Ds Mark II, 1Ds Mark III, 1Dx, 5D, 5DS, 5DS R, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, Kiss X2 / 450D / XSi, Kiss X3 / 500D / T1i, Kiss X4 / 550D / T2i, Kiss X5 / 600D / T3i, 6D, 7D, 7D Mark II, 100D / Rebel SL1 / Kiss X7, Kiss X70 / 1200D / T5, 300D / Digital Rebel, Kiss Digital N / 350D / XT, Kiss Digital X / 400D / XTi, 650D / T4i / Kiss Digital X6i, 700D / T5i / Kiss Digital X7i, 750D, Rebel T6i, 1000D / XS, 1100D / T3,8000D / T6s, D30, D60, M
- PowerShot: G1 X, G5 X, G1 X Mark II, G10, G11, G12, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7X, G9, G15, G16, S100, S110, S40, S45, S50, S60, S70, S90, S95, S120, Pro1, SX1, SX50 HS, SX60
- Canon sRAW and mRAW formats
- FinePix: HS50EXR, S1, X-A1, X-A2, X100, X-T1, X-E1, X-E2, X-Pro1, X-Pro2, X-M1, X100S, X100T, X10, X20, X30, XQ1, XQ2, X-S1, X-T10
- DCS: Pro 14n, Pro 14nx, Pro SLR/c, Pro SLR/n, ProBack645
- DIGILUX 3, V-LUX 1, V-LUX 2, V-LUX 3, D-LUX 2, D-LUX 3, D-LUX 4, D-LUX 5, M (TYP 240), M8, M9, Monochrome, X1, X2, Digital MODUL-R8, Digital MODUL-R9, T, T (TYP 701), X2, X Vario (TYP 701)
- DiMAGE: 7, 7i, 7Hi, A1, A2, A200
- MAXXUM: 5D, 7D
- DYNAX: 5D, 7D, ALPHA-5 DIGITAL, ALPHA SWEET DIGITAL, Alpha-7 Digital
- D2, D4, D4S, D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300s, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800e, D810, D3s, D3x, D3, D2x, D2h, D2xs, D2hs, D1, D1h, D1x, Df, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, 1 AW1, 1 J1, 1 J2, 1 J3, 1 J4, 1 S1, 1 V1, 1 V2, 1 V3, P6000, P7000
- COOLPIX: P330, P7700, P7800
- E-1, E-3, E-5, E-10, E-20, E-20N, E-20P, E-30, E-300, E-330, E-400, E-410, E-420, E-450, E-500, E-510, E-520, E-600, E-620, E-M1, E-M5 Mark II, E-M10, E-P1, E-P2, E-P3, E-P5, E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PL5, E-PM1, E-PM2, E-PL7, C5050z, C5060wz, C7070wz, C8080wz, OM-D E-M5, SP-310, SP-320, SP-350, SP-500, SP-500uz, SP-510uz, SP-550uz, STYLUS1, XZ-1, XZ-2, XZ-10
- DMC-GH4, FZ1000, FZ100, FZ150, FZ200, FZ18, FZ28, FZ30, FZ35, FZ38, FZ40, FZ45, FZ50, FZ8, G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G10, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF5, GF6, GF7, GH1, GH2, GH3, GM1, GM5, GX1, GX7, L1, L10, LF1, LX100, LX1, LX2, LX3, LX5, LX7, TZ60, ZS40
- K100D, K100D Super, K10D, K110D, K20D, K200D, K2000, *ist D, *ist DL, *IST DL2, *ist DS, *ist DS2, K-01, K-3, K-5, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-50, K-500, K-7, K-30, K-m, K-r, K-x, MX-1, Q, Q7, Q10, 645D, 645Z
- GX-10, GX-20, GX-1L, GX-1S, NX10, NX11, NX30, NX100, NX200, NX300, NX5
- A33, A35, A55, A55V, A57, A65, A77, A100, A200, A230, A290, A300, A330, A380, A390, A350, A450, A500, A5100, A550, A560, A580, A700, A850, A900, a77 II, a7, a7R, a3000, a5000, a5100, a6000, ILCE-7 II, a7R II, a7S, NEX-3, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5N, NEX-5R, NEX-5T, NEX-6, NEX-7, NEX-C3, NEX-F3, SLT-A02, SLT-A33, SLT-A35, SLT-A37, SLT-A55, SLT-A55V, SLT-A57, SLT-A58, SLT-A65V, SLT-A77V, SLT-A77 II, SLT-A99, SLT-A99V
- Cyber-shot: DSC-R1, DSC-RX1R-II, DSC-RX1, DSC-RX1R, DSC-RX10, DSC-RX10 II, DSC-RX100, DSC-RX100 II, DSC-RX100 III, DSC-RX100 IV