Delve into a new way of doing things with this innovative Adapter for the Redrock microFollowFocus Black Studio from Really Right Stuff. Part of the RRS initiative to provide a more user-friendly alternative to the standard 15mm support rod system, the adapter is designed to slide onto the optional RRS 1.5" dovetail Cinema Rails, which are available in different lengths, including 21" long.
The adapter attaches to the microFollowFocus Black Studio from the bottom, in place of the rod clamp that comes with the follow focus (the clamp must be removed). Then you can simply slide the adapter (with the follow focus attached on top) onto the Cinema Rails, and adjust it up and down as you see fit.
The idea behind the RRS initiative is that you can also attach handgrips, a shoulder pad, and other accessories that you would normally attach onto 15mm rod-based rigs, onto the Cinema Rails. You can attach them either via dovetail attachment, or secure them into the mounting threads along the rails, depending on the accessory. A matte box adapter like this one is already available from RRS. This type of system also allows for much simpler transitioning from a shoulder mount to a tripod, tripod to drone, drone to jib, and so on, all without having to change out adapter plates or alter your configuration.
Although designed for the RRS Cinema Rails, the adapter can also be used in similar or exact ways with any Arca-Swiss dovetail.
- Provides a more user-friendly alternative to the standard 15mm support rod system
- Attaches on the bottom of the follow focus in place of the existing rod clamp
- Mounts on Really Right Stuff 1.5" dovetail Cinema Rails, which also allow for further expansion
- Also compatible with any Arca-Swiss dovetail
- Designed specifically for Redrock microFollowFocus Black Studio Adapter