Capture images and Full HD 1080p video at depths as great as 200' with this Ikelite Underwater Housing and Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera Kit from B&H Photo. Bundling Ikelite's dedicated #6146.08 waterproof enclosure with the compatible 20.1MP Canon point-and-shoot, this package lets you begin your photo or video adventure beneath the surface right away. To complete your setup, add an optional tray with a grip handle and a lighting arm, which will enable you to connect an external strobe for improved illumination and color correction. You'll need this flash once you descend to moderate depths and beyond.
Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot G7X Mark II
Capture detailed photos and HD video at depths as great as 200' beneath the surface with Ikelite's Underwater Housing for the Canon PowerShot G7X Mark II. The enclosure is equipped with two fiber-optic ports for the connection of optional, external strobes via the appropriate cords. Access to all camera functions except for the flash switch and mobile device connection button is afforded by the large, ergonomic, mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled gears/knobs, and levers.
Built for durability, the housing is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls. The housing features a built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a 3.0" diameter. Optional, accessory wide-angle and macro conversion lenses, as well as color-correction filters, can be attached to the front of the port to enhance your images.
- Depth Rating: 200'
- Made by hand in USA
- Crafted from corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend
- Light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls
- Light gray/off-white color reflects sunlight to keep camera cool when shooting at or above water's surface, and also offers better contrast for improved viewing of camera, monitor, and O-ring seal
- Design eliminates need for O-ring groove or channel, which can trap sand, dirt, or debris
- Two double-passivated, stainless steel locking lid snaps help ensure secure closure
- Front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze
- Camera mounting plate allows ready access to battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4"-20 threaded mount for connection to tripod topside
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Dual fiber-optic ports for the connection of optional, external strobes via the appropriate cords
- At depths greater than about 60', or when diving in dark conditions, an external light source is necessary to provide adequate illumination and restore colors that get absorbed by water and turned into muted blue and green shades
- To preserve natural colors of subjects and environments in images, try to stay within arm's reach of what you're shooting. The further away you go, the more light is absorbed by water, which acts like a big blue/green filter
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Access to all camera functions except for flash switch and mobile device connection button is afforded by large, ergonomic, mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled gears/knobs, and levers
- Rear controls marked with easy-to-see, laser-engraved symbols that won't fade or fall off with time
- Extra-sensitive shutter lever for easy activation
- Front rubberized grip for secure hold
- Two 1/4"-20 threaded holes are included on bottom of housing for attachment of optional tray with grips, which will improve balance and handling underwater while offering attachment points for lighting arms
- Built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a 3.0" diameter allows full use of zoom range
- Optional, accessory wide-angle and macro conversion lenses can be attached to port's 67mm front threads with minimal vignetting, while 3.9" color-correction filters can be fitted onto front of port
- INON UWL-H100 lens results in least vignetting and best clarity
- Wide-angle lenses provide greater angle of coverage to allow you to fit more in frame, while macro lenses magnify your image to enable close-ups with greater clarity and detail
- Both types of conversion lenses get you closer to subjects, reducing amount of water in between you and therefore minimizing distortion
- Optional, external color-correction filters, available for tropical blue and green water help restore hues that get absorbed underwater in order to bring back richness, vibrancy, and color accuracy to images
- Since color filters reduce amount of light that enters lens, they are most effective in sunny conditions at depths of about 80' or less
- Color filters not recommended for use in conjunction with external lighting, as combination can throw off color accuracy in images
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera
Blending notable imaging qualities with refined handling, the PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera from Canon is a compact point-and-shoot characterized by its large feature-set. Utilizing a 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor, this camera offers a maximum ISO 12800 in Program mode, and achieves smooth image quality with reduced noise when working in low-light conditions. Additionally, it is also capable of recording stills at up to 8 fps as well as Full HD 1080p60 video. Complementing the sensor and processor combination is a versatile 4.2x zoom lens, which provides a 24-100mm equivalent focal length range, covering wide-angle to short-telephoto perspectives. A fast f/1.8-f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions. The lens design is surrounded by a familiar control ring that offers intuitive control over settings, and a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD provides a natural means for composing imagery from a variety of shooting angles. Additionally, the G7 X Mark II also features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for wireless sharing of imagery to smartphones or tablets, as well as remote camera control from linked mobile devices.
20.1MP 1" CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
In addition to benefitting image quality, the DIGIC 7 processor also enhances focusing speeds and tracking capabilities for maintaining sharp focus on moving subjects, even in low light and low contrast situations. Additionally, the processor also enables Dual Sensing IS that interprets data from imagery in order to intelligently reduce blur caused by camera shake.
4.2x Optical Zoom Lens and Intelligent IS
An Intelligent IS image stabilization system is also incorporated into the lens design to minimize the appearance of camera shake for a variety of shooting scenarios:
- Normal IS: Corrects for a wide variety of camera movement types when shooting stills.
- Panning IS: Intended for use when making tracking shots, this setting ensures that IS will not interfere with desired lateral camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS: Used for both stills and video recording, this setting corrects for shift-type camera shake that is common when photographing close-up subjects. It also compensates for motion blur associated with recording video while walking.
- Tripod: Image stabilization is deactivated when shooting stills atop a tripod.
- Dynamic IS: This setting is effective when recording video using wider focal lengths and simultaneously walking or moving.
- Powered IS: Ideally suited for shooting video with telephoto focal lengths, this mode compensates for the camera movements that become more apparent with greater zoom magnifications.
- Active Tripod IS: Unlike the stills tripod mode, this video-specific tripod mode compensates for slight amounts of shake that can be caused when recording movies from a tripod.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A sleek, compact profile incorporates a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD that features a 180° upward, 45° downward tilting design to support taking selfies or working from low shooting angles.
- A manual control ring surrounds the lens for intuitive control over select camera and exposure settings. The ring can also be set to have clicked intervals, for tactile recognition of settings changes, or can be de-clicked for smooth, quiet transitions between adjustments.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly share your photos and movies with a linked smartphone or tablet as well as remotely control the camera from the mobile device by using the Camera Connect app.
Other Camera Features
- Picture Style affords in-camera control over the color, contrast, and sharpness of imagery.
- In-camera raw file conversions let you preview and apply adjustments to files without needing to process the files on a computer.
- A Time-Lapse Movie function automatically compiles sequentially-recorded images taken at predetermined intervals and composites them into a seamless movie file for smooth playback.
- A dedicated Panning function can lock onto an intended subject and, using image stabilization, automatically adjust the shutter speed to render a sharp moving subject set against a blurred background.