Internet Security 2017 from ESET is designed to safeguard Windows systems from malware, viruses, and more. This downloadable software program provides proactive protection from online as well as offline threats by checking web browsers, PDF readers, Java-based programs, and other applications for malicious attacks. To utilize a minimum amount of system resources, it enters into Silent Mode when an active program is running and downloads small-sized update packages. The purchase of this product provides you with a 1-year subscription to updates and supports up to three users.
Internet Security 2017 lets you keep your children safe from online dangers with Parental Control tools, which give you predefined categories based upon the age of your kids. You can also create a password to prevent unwanted setting changes as well as product uninstallation.
Aside from child protection, Internet Security 2017 offers a secured web browser to safely pay online as well as a keylogging prevention feature that encrypts communications between the keyboard and browser. When connecting at a public network, it can switch to a Strict Protection mode and make your device invisible to other systems. For securing your private files, you may set up Internet Security 2017 to block the system from accessing storage media. Moreover, Ransomware Shield is available to block malware that locks your data and requires payment to unlock it.
Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
- Provides proactive protection against all types of online and offline threats and prevents malware spreading to other users.
- Blocks attacks specifically designed to evade antivirus detection and eliminates lockscreens and ransomware.
- Protects against attacks on web browsers, PDF readers, and other applications, including Java-based software.
Advanced Memory Scanner
- Enables improved detection of persistent malware that employs multiple layers of encryption to conceal its activity.
- Speeds up scans by whitelisting safe files based on the ESET Live Grid file reputation database.
- Helps to proactively stop unknown malware based on its behavior, by comparing it with a cloud-based reputation system.
Scan While Downloading Files
- Decreases scanning time by scanning specific file types — such as archives — during the download process.
- Aids system performance by performing in-depth scans when your computer is not in use.
- Helps detect potential inactive threats before they can cause damage.
Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)
- Lets you customize the behavior of the system in great detail.
- Gives you the option to specify rules for system registry, active processes, and programs as well as fine-tune your security posture.
Script-Based Attack Protection
- Detects attacks by malicious scripts that try to exploit Windows PowerShell.
Full Power for Your Computer
Small System Footprint
- Maintains high performance and extends the lifetime of hardware.
- Fits virtually any type of system environment.
- Saves Internet bandwidth with small update packages.
- ESET Internet Security automatically switches to silent mode if a program is running in full-screen.
- System updates and notifications are postponed to save resources for gaming, video, photos, or presentations.
Portable Computer Support
- Postpones all non-actionable pop-up windows, updates, and system-hungry activities to preserve system resources so that you can stay online and unplugged longer.
Protect Your Privacy
- Blocks malware that tries to lock you out of your personal data and then asks you to pay a 'ransom' to unlock it.
Home Network Protection
- Prevents unauthorized access to your computer and misuse of your personal data.
Network Attack Protection
- In addition to Personal Firewall, automatically protects your computer from malicious network traffic, blocking threats revealed by dangerous traffic patterns.
Banking & Payment Protection
- Features a unique secured browser through which you can safely pay online.
- Automatically protects you on online banking sites.
- Protects from keyloggers by encrypting communications between the keyboard and the browser for safer transactions.
- Added layer of security that protects against botnet malware — preventing your computer from being misused for spam and network attacks.
- Benefit from a new type of detection, thanks to Network Signatures, for even faster blocking of malicious traffic.
- Protects you from attempts to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, or other sensitive personal details by fake websites masquerading as trustworthy ones.
- Alerts you when connecting to an unknown network and prompts you to switch to a Strict Protection mode.
- Makes your device invisible to other computers connected to the same network.
- Allows you to prevent unauthorized copying of your private data to an external device.
- Blocks storage media: CDs, DVDs, USB sticks, and disk storage devices.
- Lets you block devices connecting via Bluetooth as well as FireWire, serial, and parallel ports.
- Keeps unwanted emails from clogging your mailbox.
- Gives you the option to choose from predefined categories according to the age of your kids.
- Lets you set a password to protect settings against modification as well as prevent unauthorized product uninstallation.
Easy Set Up
- Protection status and all frequently used actions and tools are accessible from all screens.
- In case of any security alerts, quickly find the solution in one click.
Smooth Product Upgrades
- Benefit from new protection technologies as soon as they become available for a continuously high level of security.
Settings for Advanced Users
- Offers in-depth security settings to fit your needs.
- Allows you to define maximum scanning depth, scanning time, size of the scanned files and archives, and more.
- An advanced diagnostic tool that captures critical information from the system to troubleshoot a broad range of security and compatibility issues.