ESET's NOD32 Antivirus 2017 is a downloadable software program that runs smoothly in the background while protecting your Windows system from viruses and malware. NOD32 Antivirus 2017 has been designed to block attacks that specifically evade antivirus detection. It speeds up system scans by skipping files that are white-listed based upon the ESET Live Grid file reputation database. The purchase of this product provides you with a 1-year subscription to updates and supports up to three users. Moreover, Ransomware Shield is available to block malware that locks your data and requires payment to unlock it.
Management of these protections is made simple via an easy-to-use user interface, which lets you configure its settings with more than 150 options. With this UI, you can set maximum scanning depth, scanning time, size of the scanned files, and more. If you encounter a problem, NOD32 also comes with ESET SysInspector, which helps you solve security and compatibility issues.
Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
- Provides proactive protection against all types of online and offline threats and prevents malware from spreading to other users.
- Protects you from attempts to acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords, or other sensitive personal details, by fake websites masquerading as trustworthy ones.
- Blocks attacks specifically designed to evade antivirus detection and eliminates lockscreens and ransomware.
- Protects against attacks on web browsers, PDF readers, and other applications, including Java-based software.
Advanced Memory Scanner
- Enables improved detection of persistent malware that employs multiple layers of encryption to conceal its activity.
- Speeds up scans by white-listing safe files based on the ESET Live Grid file reputation database.
- Helps to proactively stop unknown malware based on its behavior, by comparing it with a cloud-based reputation system.
Scan While Downloading Files
- Decreases scanning time by scanning specific file types — such as archives — during the download process.
- Aids system performance by performing in-depth scans when your computer is not in use.
- Helps detect potential inactive threats before they can cause damage.
- Allows you to prevent unauthorized copying of your private data to an external device.
- Blocks storage media: CDs, DVDs, USB sticks, and disk storage devices.
- Lets you block devices connecting via Bluetooth as well as FireWire, serial, and parallel ports.
Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)
- Lets you customize the behavior of the system in great detail.
- Gives you the option to specify rules for system registry, active processes and programs, and fine-tune your security posture.
Script-Based Attack Protection
- Detects attacks by malicious scripts that try to exploit Windows PowerShell.
- Blocks malware that tries to lock you out of your personal data and then asks you to pay a 'ransom' to unlock it.
Full Power for Your Computer
Small System Footprint
- Maintains high performance and extends the lifetime of hardware.
- Fits virtually any type of system environment.
- Saves Internet bandwidth with small update packages.
- ESET Internet Security automatically switches to silent mode if a program is running in full-screen.
- System updates and notifications are postponed to save resources for gaming, video, photos, or presentations.
Portable Computer Support
- Postpones all non-actionable pop-up windows, updates, and system-hungry activities to preserve system resources so that you can stay online and unplugged longer.
Easy Set Up
- Protection status and all frequently used actions and tools are accessible from all screens.
- In case of any security alerts, quickly find the solution in one click.
Smooth Product Upgrades
- Benefit from new protection technologies as soon as they become available, for a continuously, high level of security.
Settings for Advanced Users
- Offers in-depth security settings to fit your needs.
- Allows you to define maximum scanning depth, scanning time, size of the scanned files and archives, and more.
- An advanced diagnostic tool that captures critical information from the system to troubleshoot a broad range of security and compatibility issues.