The Sig Sauer 2.4-12x56 WHISKEY5 Riflescope combines outstanding optics with a partially illuminated reticle and precision turret system to produce a scope that is optimized for mid- to long-range shooting and hunting in all light conditions—from the pre-dawn hours, through the day, and into late dusk.
A suite of optical technologies is brought to bear that are designed to complement each other and enhance your view. First is the use of the HDX optical system, which is composed of extra-low dispersion (ED) and high-transmittance (HT) glass, which minimizes optical distortion and light absorption to transmit bright and clear images. Next Sig employs ultra-wide broadband, anti-reflection SpectraCoat lens coatings, along with protective LenShield and LensArmor coatings. This combination of glass and lens coatings produces high-resolution and high-contrast views in all light conditions. The front of the objective has threads for filters—like polarizing or ND—to enhance the views, especially when operating in snowy conditions or on/near water.
The reticle, located on the second focal plane, features Sig's fiberoptic HELLFIRE illumination system, which provides nine selectable intensity levels from two dim settings that are night vision (NVD) compatible all the way up to a bright setting that makes the center aiming dot clearly and distinctly visible in full daylight. A motion detection system, MOTAC, automatically activates the illuminated portion of the reticle when the weapon is shouldered and powers it down when it senses inactivity after 2 minutes—ensuring a long battery life and instant illumination when you need it. Exposed tactical turrets provide a precise 0.1 MRAD per click impact point correction with a wide 62 MRAD adjustment range on both the windage and elevation. To further improve accuracy a free elevation Sig Ballistic Turret (SBT) dial is included with the scope. Simply fill out the form that comes with the scope and you'll receive a custom dial that is matched to your rifle and load and provides the correct ballistic drop compensation (BDC) at any range. You get one free with your scope purchase and you can order others for different rifles at an additional cost.
To withstand the repeated recoil of regular use and to provide the adjustment room required for the windage and elevation turrets, the one-piece maintube is made of lightweight but strong aluminum and is robust at 30mm in diameter. The housing is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to an IPX7 rating to make it waterproof, submersible, and resistant to internal fogging.
- Wide 2.4-12x zoom magnification is ideally suited for mid- to long-range shooting and hunting, providing the ability to take in vast portions of the terrain on low power with the ability to dial up the magnification for positive identification and precise shot placement
- Oversized 56mm objective lens provides the massive light-gathering capacity required to keep views crisp and bright when viewing the smallest targets at extreme distances on maximum magnification and also keeps views bright in challenging light conditions, such as during the pre-dawn and late-dusk hours when game are most active
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) and high-transmittance (HT) glass provides enhanced light transmission to produce bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color
- Highly efficient, ultra-wide broadband, anti-reflection SpectraCoat lens coatings reduce surface reflections across the entire visible spectrum, improving light transmission
- Extremely durable and abrasion-resistant LensArmor lens coatings ensure the lenses avoid scratches and other abrasions that can interfere with clear views
- LenShield coatings repel water, grease, skin oils, and lens surface contaminants that can impair view clarity
- 43-foot field of view at 100 yards on 2.4x power, 9-foot on 12x
HELLFIRE Triplex Reticle Details
- Second focal plane placement: Reticle appearance won't change as magnification moves power up and down; it appears the same at all power settings
- Modified duplex crosshair design
- Center illuminated red dot provides a clear aiming point in all light conditions
- Non-illuminated long outer posts on the horizontal and lower vertical axes
- Short center hairs that extend upward along the upper vertical axis
- Clearly defined aiming at all magnifications
- Open and uncluttered upper half of the field of view
- Proprietary HELLFIRE illumination system utilizes fiberoptic technology to adjust the intensity of the center aiming point from dim IR compatible to a bright dot that can easily be seen in full daylight—resulting in a clearly defined aiming point in any light condition
- Runs on one CR2032 battery
- Seven daytime and two night vision device (NVD)-compatible settings
- Exposed finger-adjustable tactical turrets enable fast and fine adjustments in the field
- Precise 0.1 MRAD per click impact point correction
- Wide 62 MRAD windage and elevation adjustment range
- TH100 turrets have 100 clicks of travel (10 MRAD) per rotation on both windage and elevation
- LockDown Zero System on turrets: A stop-locking turret that allows a rapid return to zero that also locks at zero
- Free elevation Sig Ballistic Turret (SBT) dial that is matched to the user's rifle/load and allows for correct BDC at any range. One free with purchase; others are available at additional cost
Use and Handling
- LevelPlex digital anti-cant system utilizes an integrated digital level with indicators to enable the user to precisely optically align the scope to their rifle and remove unwanted cant from the system to ±0.5° of accuracy—ensuring the horizontal and vertical axes of the reticle are perfectly parallel to the rifle
- Fast-focus eyepiece
- MOTAC motion sensor system immediately powers up illumination when it senses motion and powers down when it does not detect movement for 2 minutes in order to extend battery life
- M58x0.75 objective filter thread allows the use of front filters, like polarizing or neutral density, to enhance the view
- Comfortable eye relief provides a generous eye box
- Wide exit pupil at all magnifications for easy use in low or challenging light
- Sturdy 30mm maintube provides the room required for greater windage and elevation adjustment range
- Lightweight and durable aluminum housing
- Reflection-limiting matte black anodized finish
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to an IPX7 rating, making it waterproof and submersible to 3.3' (1m) for up to 30 minutes and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in environmental conditions and temperature
- Length: 14.8"
- 29 ounce weight