The 2nd-generation u73b Compressor from AUDIFIED is a dynamics plug-in which faithfully emulates the tone and behavior of the u73b, a German vintage tube compressor/limiter often used for mastering in the broadcasting industry between 1960 and 1980.
The plug-in simulates the circuitry of the original u73b with the addition of input/output gain controls and a VU meter to provide more adjustment options when setting the compression.
This version includes an external side-chain, and is ideal for mixing drums, guitar, vocals, voice-overs, and more.
- Faithful emulation of the u73b, vintage German broadcast compressor/limiter – second generation plug-in
New in Version 2
- External side-chain added
- Auto Output parameter added
- Built using IDE software, with more effective code
- Color-settings dialog added
- Default calibration parameter value mechanism added
- Calibration parameter range changed
- English language added
- Oversampling added
- GUI improved, retina support
- Software can be used on 2 computers per ID simultaneously – user gets 2 licenses
- Switches between Compressor mode (Kompr), Bypass (Durchschalt), and Limiter mode (Begr)
- Compressor mode has lower threshold setting and gentle increasing ratio
- Limiter mode provides higher threshold setting with higher ratio, but with smooth knee
- First three positions offer fixed release time
- Other three positions (marked red) provide adjustable program-dependent release time options
- Adjusts input gain before compressor/limiter circuit
- Adjusts output gain after compressor/limiter circuit
- Selects the signal source used for controlling gain reduction
- Original U73b is a vintage device and as such it may not meet present mastering demands – bass management button switches between original sound and desired modern sound (without low frequencies bypass)