The Contemporary Archtop Series AFC151 from Ibanez is a hollow-body electric guitar made with a spruce top, a maple back and sides, and a set-in mahogany, maple neck with a sunrise red gloss finish. The hollow single-cutaway body delivers a warm, resonant sound that is well suited for playing jazz, blues, country, and rock. The neck is fitted with a 20-fret bound ebony fingerboard which has mother-of-pearl off-set inlays and gold tuners. The strings are anchored by an ebony bridge and VT14 tailpiece with wood cover.
For electronics, the AFC151 is equipped with a Magic Touch-Mini humbucking neck pickup, along with individual volume and tone controls. The pickup offers a rich, clean response on the top end which nicely complements the wood's inherent tonal qualities.
This affordably priced instrument is highly respected for its tone, sustain, and ability to hold its tuning, making it an ideal choice for players of all levels.
Magic Touch-Mini Pickup
- The Magic Touch-Mini pickup offers a balance of classic tones, alongside clear articulation on both the top and bottom of the sound spectrum.
- Neck Type: AFC 3pc mahogany/maple set-in neck
- Body: Spruce top/flamed maple back/sides
- Fingerboard: Bound ebony fingerboard with mother-of-pearl off-set block inlay
- Frets: 20, Medium frets
- Bridge: Ebony bridge
- Tailpiece: VT14 with AFC wood cover
- Neck Pickup: Magic Touch-Mini (Humbucker, passive/alnico)
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Scale: 24.7" / 628.0mm
- Width at Nut: 1.7" / 43.0mm
- Width at Last Fret: 2.2" / 56.3mm
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.8" / 21.0mm
- Thickness at 9th Fret: 0.9" / 24.0mm
- Radius: 12.0" / 305.0mm
- Length: 19.5" / 495.3mm
- Width: 15.7" / 400.0mm
- Max Depth: 3.6" / 92.1mm