The Ibanez SR Series SR500 is an electric bass guitar featuring a slim-neck design, a mahogany body, and a sapphire blue flat finish. The deep cutaway body allows for unencumbered access to the upper regions of the fingerboard, ensuring solid playability.
The SR4 five-piece neck couples jatoba with walnut to create stability and strength in a thin design. The warm and clear Bartolini MK-1 split-coil pickups offer a tight bottom end and a wide frequency range with enhanced definition, while the 3-band active EQ provides further tone shaping with dedicated bass, treble, and mid controls.
Additionally, a 3-way mid-frequency switch (250 Hz, 450 Hz, or 700 Hz) further expands the mid-range shaping capabilities for a more dynamic and ideal tone.
Bartolini MK1 Pickups
- The MK1 pickups are split coil designs that provide a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy. The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coils, but without the hum and noise
- Neck Type: SR4 5pc Jatoba/Walnut
- Body: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Jatoba fingerboard with abalone oval dot inlay
- Fret: Medium frets
- Number of Frets: 24
- Bridge: Accu-cast B300 bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Neck Pickup: Bartolini MK-1 neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini MK-1 bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equalizer: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ with mid frequency switch
- Hardware Color: Cosmo black
- Scale: 34" / 864mm
- Width at Nut: 1.5" / 38mm
- Width at Last Fret: 2.4" / 62mm
- Thickness at 1st: 0.8" / 19.5mm
- Thickness at 12th: 0.8" / 21.5mm
- Radius: 12" / 305mm