The BlueBox Workstation Interface Recorder from JoeCo provides 16 channels of ADAT Lightpipe inputs with SMUXII support for higher sample rates, 24 channels of dedicated balanced line inputs, and 24 balanced outputs. In a studio environment, the BlueBox can be used as a low latency audio interface device carrying up to 24 channels of 24-bit/96 kHz audio in both directions simultaneously over USB 2.0. And if your DAW freezes or fails, the recorder keeps running, utilizing its onboard recording function to ensure that none of your source recordings are lost, even if the power fails.
Local audio is recorded direct to an external USB2.0/3.0 drive in broadcast WAV format for instant ingest into a workstation. Alongside the BlueBox’s multi-channel recording capabilities, provision is included for creating a simultaneous stereo mixdown. Optional support for iXML data can also be provided.
The BlueBox will run off a 12V power source. Unused channels and features can be disabled in order to preserve battery life on location. The unit is fully controllable via JoeCoControl on your workstation itself or via JoeCoRemote for iPad. Levels are displayed on high resolution meters.
The monitor mix can be adjusted in real time incorporating both local and workstation feeds giving the perfect mix for monitoring during recording. Expandable channel strips provide graphic faders, pan, solo, mute and other parameter controls.
- Low-latency interface to workstation running at up to 24-channel / 24-bit / 96 kHz in both directions simultaneously
- Core Audio and Windows drivers available
- 24-channel local recording or playback at up to 24-bit / 96 kHz
- Remote control, monitoring and set-up via JoeCoControl window on workstation or JoeCoRemote for iPad
- Records standard broadcast WAV files to an external USB2/3 drive. Captured audio material can be imported into any digital workstation for instant data recovery
- Supports world clock sync and AES/EBU or SPDIF clock
- Supports storing iXML data in BWAV files
- Can run off 12V power source for location use
- Safe’n’Sound Record Recovery protects files in case of power or disk failure