The wide format Prefix Pro Blend from Fishman is a preamp system designed to offer simple and versatile controls in a small housing for slim-bodied acoustic-electric instruments. The system includes the preamp unit, a Fishman Switchjack stereo 1/4" endpin jack, and a Fishman Acoustic Matrix pickup. The Prefix Pro Blend features a Blend knob, which allows you to set the desired mix of the internal microphone and Fishman pickup.
Equalization is handled via 3-band EQ controls (Bass, Contour, and Treble). The frequency of the Contour band can be varied from 250 Hz to 10 kHz. The Volume control can be used to make up for any level changes incurred by drastic equalization. Combat feedback problems, common in live performance scenarios, by adjusting the Notch control. When mixing signals from pickups and external microphones together, use the Phase switch to maintain phase coherency.
The Prefix Pro Blend is powered via a single 9V battery (available separately). A convenient low-battery LED indicator lights up when the battery is nearing the end of its life, which extends up to 140 hours. Battery replacement is easy due to the pivot design of the preamp’s control panel.
- Includes a Fishman Acoustic Matrix pickup
- Wide format pickup width is 1/8" / 3.2mm
- Fishman Switchjack 1/4" TRS stereo endpin jack output
- Internal microphone
- Blend control to balance pickup/mic signals
- Bass, Contour, and Treble controls
- Adjustable Contour frequency
- Volume knob
- Anti-feedback Notch control
- Phase switch
- Low-battery indicator
- Powered via 9V battery
- Battery life up to 140 hours
- Pivot design for easy access to battery compartment