The narrow format Aura Pro Onboard Preamp from Fishman is a preamp system designed to offer simple analog controls and versatile digital tonal options in a small housing for acoustic guitars. The system includes the preamp unit, a Fishman Switchjack stereo 1/4" endpin jack, and a Fishman Acoustic Matrix pickup. Load tone images via USB to the Aura preamp, then use the Blend knob to set the desired mix of the Fishman pickup and selected tone image.
Using the downloadable Aura Gallery Mac/PC application, access tone images for hundreds of makes and models of guitars. Load up to four images to the Aura preamp via the supplied USB cable. Instantly change tone images with the four-position Image switch. Use the 3-band equalizer controls (Bass, Middle, and Treble) to EQ the pickup signal or customize the selected tone image. The Volume control can be used to make up for any level changes incurred by drastic equalization. Combat feedback problems, common in live performance scenarios, by pressing the Anti-Feedback button. When mixing signals from pickups and external microphones together, use the Phase switch to maintain phase coherency. You can even adjust the phase of the pickup signal relative to the image signal. A built-in digital chromatic tuner allows you to easily check your tuning.
The Aura Pro is powered via a single 9V battery (available separately). A convenient low-battery LED indicator lights up when the battery is nearing the end of its life, which extends up to 27 hours on an alkaline battery, or up to 54 hours on a lithium battery. Battery replacement is easy due to the pivot design of the preamp’s control panel.
- Includes a Fishman Acoustic Matrix pickup
- Narrow format pickup width is 3/32" (2.3mm)
- Fishman Switchjack 1/4" TRS stereo endpin jack output
- Onboard preamp uses Aura Acoustic Imaging Technology
- Download up to four Aura Images to the preamp via USB
- Blend control to balance pickup/image signals
- Programmable digital equalization
- Bass, Middle, and Treble controls
- Volume knob
- Anti-feedback button
- Phase switch for global polarity inversion
- Programmable phase of pickup relative to image signal
- Built-in digital chromatic tuner
- Low-battery indicator
- Powered via 9V battery
- Alkaline battery life up to 27 hours
- Lithium battery life up to 54 hours
- Pivot design for easy access to battery compartment