The Shure GLXD4R is a GLX-D Advanced Series digital wireless receiver housed in a rugged, metal half-rack chassis with two removable antennas. Compatible with the GLXD1 bodypack and GLXD2 handheld transmitters, it is well suited for rackmounting in portable flight cases or for permanent installations in educational facilities, conference rooms, small to mid-sized venues, houses of worship, and broadcast studios.
GLX-D Advanced systems allow you to run up to 8 mics simultaneously in the same space. When used with the optional UA846Z2 frequency manager (available separately), up to 11 mics can operate simultaneously with improved RF reliability compared to standard GLX-D systems—ideal for installations with multiple wireless systems.
The GLXD4R delivers digital audio clarity with natural vocal reproduction to presenters, vocalists, clergy, lecturers, and performers. It combines reliable wireless performance with automatic frequency management and intelligent battery rechargeability in a system that is simple to operate, and ready to go at the push of a button.
Digital Audio Clarity for Vocal and Speech Applications
- GLX-D Advanced systems deliver digital audio with a flat, 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response and 120 dB of dynamic range, leaving the sound of your mic unaffected by the wireless components.
Fast to Set Up and Simple to Operate
- Upon powering up, the receiver automatically searches for the cleanest available frequency, avoiding time-consuming frequency setup.
- Press one button on the receiver and one on the transmitter, and the system is ready to operate.
- If RF interference occurs, the receiver and transmitter automatically jump to a new clear frequency, with no interruption of the audio signal.
- The transmitter's gain can be wirelessly adjusted right from the receiver's front panel to optimize the audio signal.
- The front-panel high-resolution LCD screen displays the transmitter's battery life in hours and minutes with an accuracy within ±15 minutes.
- Automatic transmitter power-off function conserves battery life when transmitter is not in use.
- The back panel houses 1/4" and XLR outputs for connectivity to PA systems and mixing boards.
- The receiver comes with rackmounting hardware, making it easy to install it in a single rackspace with the antennas facing the front for better reception.
Solid Wireless Reliability with More Channels
- True digital diversity means two antennas and two independent receiver modules work together to reduce RF signal dropouts.
- The GLX-D Advanced operates in the globally unlicensed 2.4 GHz spectrum, free from TV-channel interference (for optimal results, use of the system is recommended in environments with limited Wi-Fi traffic).
Optional UA846Z2 Frequency Manager
- If you need to expand your system with more microphones, the UA846Z2 frequency manager (available separately) allows you to connect up to six GLXD4R receivers—improving RF reliability, distributing power to the receivers, and functioning as an antenna distribution system.
- Connect a second UA846Z2 if you need more than six receivers, for up to nine channels in typical conditions and up to 11 channels in optimal conditions.
- The UA846Z2 frequency manager constantly scans the RF spectrum and stores clean backup frequencies to avoid audio interruptions during a performance.
Optional Remote-Mounted Antennas
- Adding two PA805Z2-RSMA remote-mountable passive directional antennas (available separately) increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
Intelligent Battery Rechargeability for Uninterrupted Performance
- The receiver's internal charging bay (located on the front panel) allows you to recharge the transmitter's SB902 lithium-ion battery—the battery provides up to 16 hours of continuous use on a full charge.
- The charging bay can also be used to recharge a spare battery while the transmitter is in use.
- Just a 15-minute quick charge provides 1.5 hours of use.