Styled in black, the HT830B 1st Chair Round Rider XL from TAMA is designed to promote a sense of balance while playing the drums by giving you a sturdy, big, and stable throne, allowing you to relax your core, hips, and lower back whilst playing. The seat is slightly larger than its Rough Rider counterpart, with a thickness of 5.0” and a diameter of 15.0”.
The throne is height-adjustable from 21.3 to 26.4", providing a T-bolt system to complement its threaded rod construction, thus allowing for quick changes in height. To achieve more stability than previous thrones, the chair secures a lower center of gravity with a throne-pipe set closer to the floor.
Additional measures help in this regard, such as the implementation of double-braced tripod legs, the inclusion of rubber feet 1.5x larger than previous models, a Glide-Tite, metal-to-metal grip joint, and a patented seat lock which uses a two-piece locking hinge collar system to prevent wobble. Also patented is plastic leg-attachment system called Foot Life, which protects against wear and tear, prolonging the life of the feet.
Key Features at a Glance
- To support diverse playing styles and provide playing comfort, Tama has developed a seat top larger and thicker than similar drum thrones.
- A Glide-Tite grip joint facilitates a secure attachment by using a metal-to-metal contact point.
- A patented seat lock provides a two-piece, locking-hinge collar system for to connect the throne base to the seat, utilizing an oversized wing-nut for easy, secure tightening. This design mitigates wobbling.
- A specific Super Stabilizer Design lowers the distance of the center throne-pipe to the floor, thereby achieving a lower center of gravity was achieved. Additional stability has been accomplished by lengthening the tripod leg stabilizer bar, as well designing double-braced tripod legs that do not taper at the point they insert into the rubber feet.
- The throne’s height-adjustment system blends a threaded rod throne with the T-bolt system to offer quick height adjustments.
- The extra-large rubber feet are 1.5 times larger than previous TAMA rubber feet to improve stability.
- A "Rocklok" feature provides Nylon Bushing at the bottom of the throne's threaded rod to prevent side-to-side motion within the base, providing durability and stability.
- A patented plastic leg-attachment system called Foot Life mitigates the wear and tear of metal to metal contact, thus ensuring you won’t have to replace the feet nearly as often as you might have with similar Drum Thrones without Foot Life.