Get up close and fit more in the frame when photographing coral reefs, whale sharks, or schools of fish by adding Fantasea Line's UWL-09F Underwater Wide-Angle Conversion Lens onto your camera housing. Equipped with a 67mm mounting thread, the accessory lens is compatible with many ports on housings from various brands. Easily attached underwater, it increases your coverage significantly, offering a 130° angle of view when used with a 28mm camera lens.
The dome-shaped, 0.45x lens magnifies images to a lesser degree than a flat one does and corrects for the underwater size distortion that makes everything appear 25% larger and closer. The outer dome is crafted from hard-coated polycarbonate, and the lens features 5 glass elements with multi-layered, anti-reflection coatings as well. Built for durability, the bezel is constructed from a hard-coated aluminum alloy.
- Increases coverage, providing a 130° angle of view when used with a 28mm camera lens (35mm equivalent)
- Counteracts decrease in angle of view that occurs beneath the water's surface
- 5 multi-layered, anti-reflective elements in 5 groups provide excellent optical clarity, while eliminating chromatic aberration and flare caused by the sun or strobes/lights
- Magnification: 0.45x
- Dome magnifies images to a lesser degree than a flat front element does, and corrects for the underwater size distortion that makes everything appear 25% larger and closer
- Allows for extremely close focusing
- Great for over-under/split shots, where half the frame is above the water's surface and the other half is below it
- Depth rating: 200'
- Pre-mounted Type A adapter with 67mm threads for attachment to camera housing's lens port
- Base of the mount is covered by a rubber ring to ensure a firm grip during attachment and removal
- Includes two adapters for use on housing ports with different accessory mounts
- Glass elements
- Polycarbonate dome with protective hard coating to prevent scratches
- Aluminum alloy bezel and barrel with hard, black anodized finish for excellent resistance to corrosion
- Two rotatable scalloped edges serve as a built-in hood, shading the lens to prevent glare
- Lens includes a quick-release line/tether to keep it secured to the housing, even when it's not mounted onto the port
- Corrosion-resistant front and rear caps to protect the lens when it's not in use
- Padded carrying case for safe, convenient storage and transportation