RC-20 Retro Color from XLN Audio is a plug-in designed to recreate the warmth, textures, and character of yesteryear's analog hardware, with all its imperfections and flaws. Powered by the company's Flux Engine, it features six FX modules that emulate the sound of vinyl records, magnetic tape, and VHS by adding analog-style fluctuations to your individual tracks or mixes.
Effects include noise, wobble, and dropouts. Raw tube distortion and bit reduction can be applied to your drums and bass to add crunch, while the space and chorus effects can take your guitar into the lush world of the 60's and 70's modulation.
RC-20 Retro Color comes pre-loaded with a variety of presets for drums, keys, guitars, bass, and post production, and offers musicians/producers a rich palette of vintage colors for blending analog-style recording with modern digital productions.
Six FX Modules
- FX modules replicate the character and warmth of analog vintage gear
- From vinyl records to VHS machines — add noise, wobble, and dropouts to your tracks
- Raw distortion and crunchy bit reduction add grit to your bass and drums
- Space and chorus effects for guitars
- Filtering effects for club tracks
- Flux Engine adds subtle (or not so subtle) instability and warm, analog-style fluctuations to all FX modules
- Controls the overall intensity of all processing
- Easily accessible all the time
- Automate this control for dramatic intros, breakdowns, and transitions in your song
- Presets for drums, keys, guitars, bass, full mixes, and post production