The 12 Natural from Cordoba's Fusion Series is a hybrid model which produces the warm tone and resonance of a traditional Spanish-style classical guitar, but plays and feels more like a steel-string acoustic. The instrument features a soft cutaway body constructed with a solid Canadian cedar top, and mahogany back and sides, using traditional Spanish guitar-building methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing to retain a distinctive classical guitar tone. Its mahogany neck is carved with a thinner, C-shaped profile than a traditional classical guitar, and has a narrow nut width of 48mm, compared to a standard 52mm width. The neck is fitted with a 19-fret rosewood fingerboard which is radiused, instead of flat. These differences allow for greater comfort and ease in playability, especially for those players who are more accustomed to the feel of steel-string and electric guitars.
Additional features include a rosewood bridge, as well as a bone nut and saddle, Cordoba Silver tuning machines, Indian rosewood binding, 3-ply maple and ebony top purfling, a natural inlaid wood ring rosette, mother-of-pearl side dot fret markers, and a two-way adjustable truss rod.
For electronics, the instrument is equipped with a Fishman Presys Blend preamp system along with an undersaddle piezo pickup and internal microphone. The preamp includes controls for volume, bass, middle, treble, mic blend to adjust the mix between the pickup and microphone, a notch filter and phase switch to suppress feedback, as well as a built-in tuner.
The 12 Natural includes Cordoba's deluxe gig bag.
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Profile: Fusion Style, C Shape
- Truss Rod: 0.2" / 4.0mm
- Scale Length: 25.6" / 650mm
- Radius: 16" / 406mm
- String Spacing at Saddle: 2.3" / 59mm
- Nut Width: 1.9" / 48mm
- Nut Material: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver
- Top Wood: Solid Canadian Cedar
- Back and Sides: Mahogany
- Bracing: Spanish Fan
- Build: Cutaway Electric
- Binding: Indian Rosewood
- Purfling: 3-ply Maple and Ebony Top Purfling
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Rosette: Inlaid Wood Rings
- Finish: High-gloss PU
- Body Width x Depth (Upper Bout): 10.8 x 3.5" / 275 x 88mm
- Body Width x Depth (Lower Bout): 14.4 x 3.5" / 365 x 88mm
- Body Length: 19.4" / 492mm
- Overall Length: 38.8" / 984mm
- Preamp: Fishman Presys Blend with EQ and Built-in Tuner
- Pickups: Undersaddle Piezo and Internal Microphone with Blender