The EQP8 2 from Tek'It Audio is a fully parametric 8-band equalizer plug-in designed for sound design, mixing, and mastering. It works in mono and stereo configurations with separate bypass functions for left and right channels when in stereo mode.
Unlike traditional equalizers, it offers parallel processing via a dry-to-wet mix control and a phase inverter. With bandwidth controls variable between one semi-tone and four octaves, the EQP8 2 is equally effective for surgical EQing and tone shaping. Even with extreme gain changes, digital clipping can be avoided using the input and output gain controls and digital peak meters. All controls for the EQP8 2 are in a single window so the user will not have to search through pages of parameters.
- 8 fully parametric bands of EQ
- Each band features a bypass and adjustable gain, frequency, and bandwidth
- 64-bit internal processing and oversampling
- Supports resolutions up to 192 kHz/24-bit
- Supports operation in mono and stereo
- Separate bypass for left and right channels when used in stereo mode
- Input and output gain controls (-∞ to +6 dB)
- Parallel processing via dry-to-wet mix control and phase inverter
- Bandwidth is adjustable between one semi-tone to four octaves
- Gain is adjustable ±18 dB per band
- MIDI automation is supported if there is an external MIDI controller and the host software offers automation
- Digital peak meters with display of maximum peak dB values
- Preset manager with up to 32 presets per bank