With Light & Motion's NightSea LED Head on your GoBe or GoBe+ Dive Light, you can excite coral and other underwater organisms to make them emit a brilliant fluorescent glow. The light outputs 100-750mW in three levels, and features a dark blue color close to the edge of the visible spectrum. By placing the attached, flip-down phosphor filter over the emitter window, you change the light to a standard white beam for normal illumination and underwater color correction. This is the light head only, without the required body.
A tight coverage angle of 20° ensures that a focused, concentrated beam hits the coral, fish, and other organisms for maximum effect. It's highly recommended that you pick up a yellow barrier filter to put over your dive mask, in order to block the blue light emitted by the NightSea while allowing the fluorescent glow of the sea life to be observed in brilliant colors. If capturing images or video with your camera, put another barrier filter over your lens or lens port.
The GoBe light with this head is submersible to 394', giving you plenty of room to explore the ocean's mysterious depths. The NightSea is powered by the GoBe body's rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides a run time of 2-16 h depending on the output setting selected.
- Produces deep, dark blue light designed for illuminating proteins in certain coral, fish, other organisms, and minerals, which emit a fluorescent glow in response to stimulation by specific wavelengths
- Output: 100, 350, and 750mW with rechargeable li-ion battery included with GoBe and GoBe+ bodies
- Run time: 2 h at 750mW, 4 h at 350mW, and 16 h at 100mW with GoBe body's rechargeable lithium-ion battery; run times increased by 30% when using more powerful battery supplied with GoBe+
- Flipping down attached phosphor filter and placing it over emitter window changes beam to white light for normal illumination and color-correction
- Beam angle is a tight 20°, ensuring a focused, concentrated beam hits the coral, fish, and other organisms for maximum effect
- When using white light, tight beam makes great focusing aid or secondary dive light for exploring small spaces, such as nooks and crannies in caves and reefs
- Features SOS mode for emergency signaling
Optional Barrier Filters
- Placing optional yellow barrier filter over dive mask will block blue light emitted by NightSea, while allowing fluorescent glow of sea life to be observed in brilliant colors
- If capturing images or video with camera, put another barrier filter over lens or lens port to record fluorescence
- Push-button switch on GoBe light body for turning on/off and cycling through output modes
- Depth rating: 394'
- Glass emitter window