You can excite coral and other underwater organisms to make them emit a brilliant fluorescent glow, thanks to the black Sola NightSea LED Dive Light from Light & Motion. It outputs 750-3000mW in a fairly wide 60° flood beam, and 425-1700mW in a tight, focused 12° spot. The light features a dark blue color close to the edge of the visible spectrum, which stimulates certain forms of sea life to make their proteins and minerals fluoresce.
By placing the attached, flip-down phosphor filter over the emitter window, you change the light to a standard white beam for normal illumination and underwater color correction. It's highly recommended that you place a yellow barrier filter over your dive mask, in order to block the blue light emitted by the NightSea and view the brilliant, colorful glow of the sea life. You're in luck, as one such filter is included with the Sola. If capturing images or video with your camera, pick up another barrier filter to place over your lens or port.
The light is submersible to 328', giving you plenty of room to explore the ocean's mysterious depths. It runs on a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides a run time of 70-280 minutes depending on the output setting selected.
- CREE LED array produces deep, dark blue light designed for illuminating proteins and minerals in certain coral, fish, and other organisms, which emit a fluorescent glow in response to stimulation by specific wavelengths
- Output: 750, 1500, and 3000mW in 60° flood beam; 425, 850, and 1700mW in 12° spot beam
- 12° spot ensures a focused, concentrated beam hits subjects for maximum effect, while 60° flood allows you to illuminate a much wider area and stimulate larger organisms or a greater number of smaller ones
- Run time: 70 minutes on high, 140 minutes on medium, and 280 minutes on low setting in flood mode; 110 minutes on high, 220 minutes on medium, and 440 minutes on low in spot mode with supplied, rechargeable li-ion battery
- Flipping down attached phosphor filter and placing it over emitter window changes beam to white light for normal illumination and color-correction
- SOS mode enables emergency signaling
- Includes barrier filter for your dive mask, which will block blue light emitted by NightSea while allowing fluorescent glow of sea life to be observed in brilliant colors
- If capturing images or video with camera, put an optional barrier filter over lens or lens port, as well
- Sliding switch on light body for powering on/off and cycling through output modes
- Depth rating: 328'
- Sealed at factory for flood-free performance
- Housing has FL-1 Certification for impact resistance based on ANSI-NEMA testing
- Aluminum heat sink absorbs excessive heat, allowing for efficient operation in extreme water temperatures and even in open air for several minutes
- Includes ballistic Cordura nylon hand mount with grip and strap, enabling you to keep the light on back of your hand
- Hand mount frees up fingers to hold objects, climb a ladder, or perform other tasks
- Other optional mounts available: Pistol grip, T-handle, Kirby Morgan helmet mount, 1" ball, 3/4" Locline, and YS mount