Hugh Padgham Big Fill Kit from Sonic Reality is an expansion pack for the BFD2 and BFD3 acoustic drum virtual instruments which contains a 7GB sample library that captures that "big drum" sound from the 80s, heard on albums such as Peter Gabriel's "Melt Face", Genesis' "Abacab", and many more. It brings you the massive vintage ambient tone of a carefully assembled kit featuring a fat kick and snare, along with the famous "barking toms" sound in the style of Phil Collins' songs like "In the Air Tonight" and "I Don't Care Anymore" (no grooves).
Hugh Padgham went back to the Stone Room in Genesis' studio, The Farm, to authentically recapture the large, ambient acoustics of the famed room, heard on the original recordings. The drum kit features single-head toms with Premier heads, Sabian cymbals, and a Ludwig Super Sensitive snare. Great attention was placed on recreating the microphone set up with vintage U87s, U47s, MD421s, and UREI 1176 compressors. The drums were also recorded using the STC "Ball & Biscuit" trashy talkback mic running through the SSL Listen Mic Compressor, a key part to Hugh Padgham' signature drum sound.
- Drum kit with massive vintage ambient tone featuring a fat kick and snare, along with the famous "barking toms" sound in the style of Phil Collins songs like "In the Air Tonight" and "I Don't Care Anymore"
- Recorded by legendary engineer/producer Hugh Padgham in the Stone Room at Genesis' studio, The Farm — room with large, bright ambient sound, and short decay due to its small size and high ceiling
- Recreates signature mic set up used for recording session in the early 80's — mics include Neumann 87s, U47s FET, Sennheiser MD421s, compressed with UREI 1176 compressors, and STC "Ball & Biscuit" omnidirectional, mono talkback mic, run through the SSL console's Listen Mic Compressor
- Designed to offer a variety of sounds from ambient to dry — offers discrete mixing control over the individual mic channels, including direct mics on all cymbals
- Expansion pack for use with BFD2 and BFD3 acoustic drum virtual instrument plug-in
- Snare (Ludwig Super Sensitive)
- Toms: 1-7 (Premier single-head)
- Hi-Hat (Sabian)
- Ride (Sabian)
- China (Sabian)
- Crashes: 2 (Sabian 16", 17")