This B&H Kit combines the red Korg Monologue Monophonic Analog Synthesizer with the Arturia DrumBrute Analog Drum Machine to create an all-analog rhythm section well suited for electronic music producers, DJs, or anyone looking for MIDI-controlled analog electronic instruments.
Korg Monologue Monophonic Analog Synthesizer (Black)
The black Monologue from Korg is a monophonic all-analog synthesizer with a fully programmable single-voice architecture and 100 fully editable presets, well suited for musicians and analog enthusiasts. Building upon the success of the Minilogue Polyphonic Synthesizer, Korg reworked the knob-per-function layout, voicing, and sound-sculpting abilities to create a distinctive-sounding instrument for all types of musicians and sound designers.
The synth offers two VCOs and a redesigned filter with a powerful low-end punch. A drive circuit has been added to apply aggressive overtones and distortion to the sound for huge bass sounds and sharp lead tones. The LFO rate can be adjusted into an unprecedentedly ultra-high-speed range to generate crazy space-shattering sounds, or it can be switched to one-shot mode to act as an additional envelope. The OLED display offers parameter information and features a real-time oscilloscope, providing eye-catching visual feedback on the sound being played. A 16-step sequencer not only records notes, but motion sequences of knob movements as well.
The Monologue has a set of factory tuning as well as 12 user slots for creating custom microtunings. Aphex Twin has come onboard as an advisor for the implementation and also to offer scales, sounds, and sequences as part of the factory presets. The enclosure is crafted from a curved aluminum panel, populated by chassis-mounted metal shaft pots with rubber-coated knobs, and a solid pyinkado-wood rear panel. Programming is a breeze with a single-knob-per-function architecture that satisfies seasoned synth professionals and beginner programmers. The Monologue ships with six AA batteries and can be powered by an optional 9 VDC power supply.
- Analog synthesizer with a redesigned synthesis structure optimized for monophonic inspiring sounds and sequences
- Fully programmable, with 100 program memories (80 presets included)
- 16-step sequencer with extensive motion-sequence technology to make your sound move
- Microtuning lets you freely create scales and alternate tonalities
- Oscilloscope function helps visualize the waveform in real time
- Battery-powered for portability
- Rugged and stylish with aluminum top panel, chassis-mounted pots, rubber-coated knobs, and real-wood back panel
- MIDI, USB MIDI, and Audio Sync for all types of in-studio and live connectivity, including direct sync with minilogue, SQ1, volca, electribe, and more
Arturia DrumBrute Analog Drum Machine
The DrumBrute from Arturia is a professional-grade, fully analog drum machine aimed at modern indie-rock bands, dance music producers and DJs, hip-hop artists, and electronic musicians. The unit features 17 pure-analog drum sounds, which build on the history of classic drum machines and offer an expanded feature set including high-performance effects and a modern step sequencer.
The DrumBrute offers a wide range of controls, which allow for many new and adventurous sounds including two flavors of kick drums and an unusual reverse cymbal effect. There are 12 individual outputs available, should you wish to mix or effect the sounds with an outboard mixer or effects.
The sequencer offers 64 patterns, each with 64 steps, and each drum track can be a separate length, which allows for the creation of advanced polyrhythms that move and breathe over time. Additionally, the machine offers step repeat for creating looping glitch effects, while the pattern effects offer swing and randomness globally or on a per-track basis.
The on-board Steiner Parker output filter offers high-pass and low-pass modes and features a complete bypass when not in use. There are four sync options (Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock) and four different clock formats allowing the machine to sync up with a variety of analog and vintage gear.
- Seventeen pure-analog drum sounds
- Kick 1, kick 2, snare, clap, hi-hat 1, hi-hat 2, conga hi, conga lo, tom hi, tom lo, maracas, rimshot, clave, tambourine, cymbal, reverse cymbal, zap
- Wide range of controls allowing for many new and unique sounds
- Two different flavors of kick drums
- Analog reverse cymbal
- 64 patterns with up to 64 steps each
- Separate accent per drum
- Step Repeat for creating looping glitch effects
- Song mode for chaining patterns
- Pattern effects
- Swing and randomness that can be global or per instrument
- Pattern Looper for beat-repeat functions
- Steiner Parker output filter with bypass (high pass and low pass)
- Multiple sync options (Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock)
- Four different clock formats
- Twelve individual audio outputs
- Headphone output with both 3.5mm and ¼” jacks
- Create polyrhythms
- Each drum track can be of separate length