The Letus35 Helix Jr. is a 3-axis motorized gimbal stabilizer designed for small and mid-size cameras, such as DSLRs and mirrorless cameras, and is suitable for all productions with up to 12 lb payloads. This model comes with left and right handgrips for handheld operation. The gimbal also comes with Helix Bluetooth and Wi-Fi modules. The Bluetooth module allows you to wirelessly interact with the Helix Jr. from a Mac/Windows computer or Android app, helping you to customize settings. The Wi-Fi module allows you to utilize the Letus Helix iOS app, which you can download for free from the App Store.
The Helix Jr. balances around the optical center of your camera, providing you with the ability to execute nodal point rolls. It also minimizes the movement of the image sensor, allowing you to capture stabilized shots. By adjusting a single axis forward or backward, you can easily-re-balance the gimbal after a lens swap. Thanks to the flat-bottom design, the Helix Jr. can be set up on the ground or a flat surface between shots. The frame sits under the camera and the handgrips can be attached in line with the camera.
The Helix Jr. runs on three axes via a pan motor, tilt motor, and roll motor. When configured for handheld-mode, it can be used in standard handheld mode or in suitcase mode. Suitcase mode offers 180° rotation of the Helix Jr. and allows you to hold it with a one handgrip. In such a situation, the camera can also be rotated to compensate for the 180° repositioning and the handgrip can be rotated to function as a typical top handle. The Suitcase mode also offers tilt functionality during one-handed operation and also supports hand-offs for second operators.
The Helix Jr. is powered by a 2600mAh JuiceBox Jr. lithium-ion battery and a charger. The onboard battery indicator will keep you informed of remaining battery life.
- Motorized 3-axis gimbal stabilizer designed for DSLRs and mirrorless cameras
- Compact and lightweight version of the original Helix
- Optically-centered design - balances around the optical center of the camera
- Optical centering minimizes sensor movement and helps with image stabilization
- 12 lb payload
- Quick re-balancing after lens swaps by simple adjustment of a single axis
- Flat-bottom design allows placement on the ground or other flat surface between shots
- The frame and handgrips are positioned leveled with the camera, instead of overhead
- Convertible to suitcase mode for tilt functionality in one-handed operation
- Battery and charger included
- Handheld-Mode Model
Standard model with left and right handgrips for handheld operation
Allows wireless settings customization from a computer or Android app
Allows you to use the Letus Helix iOS app (downloadable for free from the App Store) over Wi-Fi
- Prevent motors from losing their position (skipping steps) when bumped or moved vigorously
- Help in increasing the battery life
- Increases torque that helps you to capture more panning shots
- Helps you to physically adjust the camera's position by hand and have the gimbal maintain this position
- Improves stabilization precision