The Gem EQ495 Super Musical EQ from Overloud is a parameter equalizer plug-in that emulates the sound and characteristics of a legendary German analog EQ, originally used for disc cutting. Flexible and musical, it lets you set wide and gentle EQ curves, which are great for opening up your sound, adding tone to the bottom end, and giving presence and depth to your mixes.
The plug-in features three EQ bands – bass, mid, and high – each with fixed frequencies and +/- stepped gain. It also comes with high-pass and low-pass filters, and input/output knobs for custom gain staging. The EQ495's midrange band offers 11 EQ points and a choice of narrow, middle, and broad bandwidth, which provide precise control over the frequencies that are most effective when optimizing your mixes for listening on small computer speakers or headphones.
- High-fidelity equalizer modeled after a legendary German analog EQ, originally used for disc cutting
- For mixing and mastering
- EQ curves designed to enhance clarity, and give presence and depth to your mixes
- Use to optimize your mixes for listening on small computer speakers and headphones
- 3-band EQ, low-mid-high frequencies
- High-pass and low-pass filters
- Precise control over midrange frequencies, with narrow, middle, and broad bandwidth
- Built-in preamp for custom gain staging
- 4th generation DSP technology
- Simulation of all transformers in the original unit
- Low CPU usage (more than 1500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina)
- Multilevel undo/redo
- A/B comparison
- Large selection of presets designed during real mixing session