Created by an illustrator/diver and a designer who worked on NASA's Mars Phoenix Lander program, the green aquaSketch Minno Waterproof Scrolling Slate is a groundbreaking system enabling you to take notes and draw pictures underwater. It can be worn on your wrist, allowing you to scroll and write with one hand while leaving your other one free, and is compact enough to fit right in your pocket. The Minno features a single, replaceable 5' roll of vellum, so there are no pages to flip or paper clips to keep track of.
Print maps, checklists, guides, charts, and more on the vellum, and then simply slide them into the slate. After your dive, you can scan or photograph the scroll to create a digital copy.
Built for durability, the Minno is made from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, acrylic, and stainless steel. It includes a solid graphite pencil, which is connected to the slate by a flexible cord, and an eraser pad.
Utilized by NASA, the US military, marine researchers, and search-and-rescue organizations, the aquaSketch Minno expands your note-taking, drawing, and reading possibilities in the rain, on your boat, or beneath the water's surface, and gives you a mobile workstation you can use almost anywhere.
- Includes 5' blank scroll of reusable waterproof vellum, which is made of a durable, specially treated plastic Mylar
- Material works well with supplied graphite pencil, enabling darker, more visible lines than one can draw on a standard slate
- Text/drawings can be erased easily with finger or any soft material, though included eraser pad works best
- Slate accepts interchangeable scrolls up to 8' in length (equivalent to 42 frames), enabling viewing of maps, checklists, guides, and more
- Extensive library of pre-printed underwater reference materials, known as "apps," available from aquaSketch
- Apps include various fish ID charts (in color), decompression schedules, dive safety checklists, dive logs, navigational aids, and lined and graph paper
- Additional maps and documents can be printed easily and inexpensively on vellum, making Minno far more convenient than traditional plastic slates, which cannot be loaded into standard printers
- Any color combination possible
- Arrange desired graphics and text into proper format, or have aquaSketch design staff do it for you, and create your own customized "apps"
- App template modules available for designing layout of your app. Basic and Advanced layouts available
- Once layout design is approved, app could be ready to ship within 24 hr
- No flipping of pages and no need for bindings to hold a notebook together
Compact, Portable Form Factor
- Can be worn on wrist and stowed in pocket
- Adjustable wrist strap supplied
- 2.25 x 3.5" writing/drawing area, with inches and centimeters marked along frame for measurements
- Made of corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, acrylic, and stainless steel
- Phosphorescent writing table glows softly to improve visibility during night dives and in other low-light conditions
- Attachment point for optional, retractable lanyard
- Rubberized knobs for one-handed scrolling in either direction
- Pencil connected to slate by flexible cord